Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking of starting a business and need to buy a truck/van to facilitate my new venture. i live in nyc and for the past year and a half have taken my 07 spec edition to another stratosphere. full CF bodywork, yana shiki top triple tree clamp, gpr stabil, better sprockets with a 520 chain, super duper super light lithium ion battery,p corbin front seat, lots of color matching bits in the black, CF, dark red color scheme along with anodized color fading black to red mirrors. i also have a techmount ez-pass mount, dual CF pipes, TRE, conti # tires for long life on long trips but sticky in the corners, Ducati Corse red silicone hoses, and so so so very much more. only top of the line synthetic oils and all k-n accesories have been used and 2200 of its approx 12-13k miles were just done on a nyc-northern wisconsin road trip this month among some other long rides. i am now starting to think it maybe time to at least guage interest to see if someone has a sincere interest in a very worked bike like this one and if i get a decent response perhaps i can do a photo shoot and list more specific details of upgrades, etc. thank you for your time.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Wrong section. Gonna get moved.
Uber modified, lol. Pretty much the norm here man.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow

he may be correct, i am a newbie on this site BUT one would hope a moderator would be a bit more polite and respectful of other members, not the way he responded. and he doesn't need someone sticking up for him either. p.s. i wasn't looking to sell today, just start a dialogue to see if there was any interest but i see the bullying on this sight i experienced last year is alive and well in mid 2012!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,381 Posts
he may be correct, i am a newbie on this site BUT one would hope a moderator would be a bit more polite and respectful of other members, not the way he responded. and he doesn't need someone sticking up for him either. p.s. i wasn't looking to sell today, just start a dialogue to see if there was any interest but i see the bullying on this sight i experienced last year is alive and well in mid 2012!
Uh....bullying? :lol: nah, neither of us was bullying, just pointing out why you might not be getting any "dialogue" on your "might be for sale" thread. You shouldn't be so sensitive. It's the Internet.

But with that in mind, this ain't eBay. Your bike is either for sale or it's not. I don't get what the hell a "feeler" thread is. If you're looking to see if people will get into a bidding war over your bike so it gets top dollar, then you need to put it on an auction site. This isn't the right place for that. I'm not sure what there is to discuss.

GLWS....I think.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
I don't get what the hell a "feeler" thread is.
My understanding of it is that a person considers something (usually parting out a bike) and wants to see how many potential buyers there are for the parts. Some people don't want to start a part-out and then only sell the fuel pump or something like that.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,381 Posts
My understanding of it is that a person considers something (usually parting out a bike) and wants to see how many potential buyers there are for the parts. Some people don't want to start a part-out and then only sell the fuel pump or something like that.
Agreed, when it comes to something like deciding to part a bike out. But so many times I see "feeler" or "gauging interest" threads about selling the entire thing. Basically what that person is stating is usually something like "I think my bike is worth top dollar, and if there's a couple people to play each other, than I have a shot of selling it for a higher price". I think it just wastes people's time really. If a person would just say its For Sale and set a firm price on it, it would make life easier for everyone.

Everything is for sale, if the price is right.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Im not a moderator, just trying to keep posted where they belong.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow

getting past all of this, i saw someone make a very similar post as mine on this very website, that is where i got the idea. just wanted to see if a very loaded model would be chat worthy but this is definately not what i wanted nor expected. if it is in the wrong area i erred, but so what??! live and let live is my motto..... and for those looking for good karma.....picking on a guy that just lost his job because some skank couldn't stop harrasing me and upper management would rather bully a faithful and loyal employee than deal with the toxic excuse for a coworker i dealt with for 4 years. i need to start my career over to support my family and even if you oh so important people do not agree where it was posted i sincerely hope any karma earned here does not affect that split moment when you save yourself from a spill. me good to each other and.... BYE!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Damn dude u wanna hug? Ur overreacting to somebody correcting u.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Group hug! Bring it together fellas. :thumbsup:

Just playing, OP. No worries.

Most of us would enjoy seeing photographs of your 10. There is no telling who's attention you might grab with some good photos. Somebody out there is looking for a nice ride and doesn't want to do all of the work. Perhaps they will see it.

Sorry to hear about the job loss. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This thread isn't about you or your job and you trying to make someone feel bad about the poor guy he's "bullying" isn't gonna work. And IF you want to chat it up about your job and financial situation it would be in the outhouse....just so you know and this doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Your best bet to recapture a good amount of cash is to part it out. I know it's a pain but literally you'll probably get 1-2 grand more at least without all the bitching about a 5 year old bike selling for X amount of dollars. And this is the place to do it if you're serious. And if you do I'm interested in the Corbin and a few other parts! Lol! Good luck man. Don't let mod wannabe's get to you lol!!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,381 Posts
Your best bet to recapture a good amount of cash is to part it out. I know it's a pain but literally you'll probably get 1-2 grand more at least without all the bitching about a 5 year old bike selling for X amount of dollars. And this is the place to do it if you're serious. And if you do I'm interested in the Corbin and a few other parts! Lol! Good luck man. Don't let mod wannabe's get to you lol!!
This. Part it out and sell the aftermarket parts and return the bike to stock to sell. That is the best bet.

And again, no one is picking on you or bullying you. You need to chill. This is the "dialogue" that is created when something is put on the forum. Each post here bumps it to the top the thread listing for more views. You should be happy about that!

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
This. Part it out and sell the aftermarket parts and return the bike to stock to sell. That is the best bet.

And again, no one is picking on you or bullying you. You need to chill. This is the "dialogue" that is created when something is put on the forum. Each post here bumps it to the top the thread listing for more views. You should be happy about that!
or facepalms it :lol: Part out the aftermarket stuff and sell the stock bike. Thats the most money to be made.

Suggestion for a different way to gain favor with people, dont come here trying to be the victim, especially of nothing on the forum. Yes, life may have kicked you and everyone here feels the same sympathy to one another who have had that happen, but unfortunately it has happened to plenty of people on this forum, as well as the rest of this planet.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Damn dude u wanna hug? Ur overreacting to somebody correcting u.
Lmao leave it to Cat.
Lol op you gotta understand tools come through here quite often. Usually new members introduce themselves in the new members section. Plus everyone is pretty weary when someone just shows up tryin to sell something.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Lmao leave it to Cat.
Lol op you gotta understand tools come through here quite often. Usually new members introduce themselves in the new members section. Plus everyone is pretty weary when someone just shows up tryin to sell something.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
:crackup:
I know. Figured he had a join date of february and 79 posts, not a one-post seller.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts