Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Nashville hanging with my boys, going to lunch decide on Jersey Mikes instead of Pulix for a sub before the Vandy BBall game. That turns out to be a bad decision.

We're In my buddies crossfire. He was driving, i am the passanger. Turning left into the shopping mall, opposite left turn lane and left lane are stopped, right lane is open but traffic if backed up, so this guy in an 1992 camaro comes flying around, we turn left and i was just like "OOHHHHHHHHHHH F..................K!!

WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! t-boned our ass right on the passanger door. Airbags go off, i have some cuts i think from the glass on my hand, air bag burn on my face. Ambulace checked me out, i said i am fine. Needless to say we are both ok thank god, some air bag burns. My buddies car looks bad but i think its fixable. Got hit square on the passanger door, couldn't have tried to aim for that spot if the guy tried. Other guys POS i know he hopes is totaled.

Anyways, thats my first real accident i've ever been in and boy does that suck!!

Always wear your seat belts, who know what the outcome would've been if we hadn't been.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
wow rick sorry to hear that. good thing you had air bags. none of my veichles have them. Just think that your lucky you were not on your bike. but you should go get checked out just in case. I got hit by a car and said I was fine until three days later when I was pissing blood.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Big Daddy said:
sorry to hear Rick, just don't rule out those lingering after effects in the weeks to come.

:+1: BD you sound like a lawyer. seriously though soft tissue damage can hide for a while so please get all you can now as later will be too late. and it's nice to hear you could walk away so yuou can ride another day

john

·
Registered
696 Posts
Glad to hear you are alright dude. Heed the advice of others in this thread (and myself) who have been in serious car accidents and take it easy the next few days. I did not realize I had screwed up my back pretty good in the accident I was in until a day or so after the fact.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Glad you weren't on your bike. Hope everything is ok.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
...damn dude, sorry to hear that. Yeah, I've been in a couple. Made the mistake of lettin' my younger brother drive home from church one day on a gravel road; wound up upside down....

Anyways, glad you are ok, and still around to build a blazin' fast PC..... :wink:

D

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Big Daddy said:
sorry to hear Rick, just don't rule out those lingering after effects in the weeks to come.

BD
:+1: Pay attention to any dizziness or neck pains, it is amazing how much adrenline can hide! Glad to know that you are doin' good though!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
well its been about 24hrs now, and needless to say we went out last night b/c well,thats what we do well. we didnt go crazy or anything but my right shoulder and neck are still sore. no real ill effects, no memory loss and no pissing blood so far so good.

Here are the pics we just went and took of the car. I was the passenger:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Here is the car that hit us:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
glad you are alright. that crossfire took a beating, but looks fixable. been in a couple myself, like everyone else, just gotta be glad you're ok.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
glad youre ok!

those side impact airbags really saved your butt!

Hope you heal up ASAP!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...Don't you love how your eyes and skin burns from the air bag gases?..I was coughing up that dust for hours afterwards...Atleast you guys were fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts