Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the 10 back from gettin dynotuned they said it was way rich due to not doin the AIS mod. they did this for me thanks. base run 158.61hp 74.55 ft/lbs. tuned run 164.27 and 79.21 ft/lbs. power is a lot smother through the whole range. thats +5.66hp and 4.66ft/lbs plus it runs how it should. for $150 money well spent in my book. just thought id share

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
good run. AIS?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry gettin rid of the KLEEN system with block off plates

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Why am I so "BLONDE" today? UGh. You mean what Ivans sells? The block off kit right? MY brain is warped from these classes here and I can not think.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cycletech in bucyrus, ohio 419-562-6931

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
wow! $150 is a great deal plus the labor to remove the AIS. good on you. my bike dyno'd at 159 wo a custom tune i cant wait to dyno tune it w a turbo:twisted:

·
Registered
670 Posts
At 360mi stock map on PCIII I got 151.1HP. With further break in will the numbers increase?

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Beleive it or not, just for a little history, Kawi has been putting this Air Injection System on their bikes as far back as the late 70's. I had a 1978 KZ650 once that had it. Nothing new actually.

It blows fresh air into the exhaust ports and with the extreme heat already present it ignites any unburn fuel that makes it thru. If the system remains installed, the exhaust sniffer for the dyno gets a reading that is not as accurate. Then the PC3 will not make the correct adjustments as accurately as it could.

JJ

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no never heard of it i only live like 12 mi. from bucyrus strange if u get an address let me know

1 - 13 of 13 Posts