Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this pipe? What is mapping on PC III? ANy concerns or problems with install or overall rating on this pipe. Chime in please. NOt installed yet...Thanks

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
your not gonna like what you hear from forum members on this one, the Boz was definatley one of those fad things that a few pepole got and swore by and then it was over, dyno numbers were low, sound was crap as loud and quality is poor, should have saved your money and bought a quality system, IMHO, but its your money and your bike so enjoy.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
your not gonna like what you hear from forum members on this one, the Boz was definatley one of those fad things that a few pepole got and swore by and then it was over, dyno numbers were low, sound was crap as loud and quality is poor, should have saved your money and bought a quality system, IMHO, but its your money and your bike so enjoy.
Dyno number low where? As far as a fad I guess you can say so. I still have mine a year later. As for quality why poor? No problems with mine. Loud as yell yes but it works. People cannot not notice you. As far as mapping you'll definetly want to get a custom map. Worth every penny. As far as power it made good power with tuning. Out the box and running a generic Akra map it made about 5rwhp over stock. With tuning, Factory Pro V-Stacks, BMC Race filter, and Kawi Intake cam I made almost 17rwhp and 4ft.\lbs more torque over stock. People are getting the same numbers with the double the priced Akra's and what nots. Don't get me wrong the Akra has a bit stronger mid by about 2hp but nothing on top over the Boz. Torque is dead even throughout. I personally think it cleans up the 05 look very nicely. Its loud. What can I say about that. But enjoy.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well Said.

Though he has the B2 not the Miora. I 'think' the B2 has a bit more of a baffle.

My Miora made good power and was a quality build.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
What credentials do you have to hold such an opinion on the Boz.
I have had the boz more than a year. Power is as strong as the akra race system. Why? Coz I had the akra before the Boz. Where did u get the low dyno numbers from? And for the crap sound? Have you heard one full bore at a track? People love it when they hear my bike going full chat down the straight. Loud yes, crap no. As for quality? How did you based your findings? Quality control dept? Do they fall apart? No. There are no quality issues with it so far, or recalls. For the record the Boz costs a fraction of a full Akra or beet system. At least my Boz will survive a crash. Akra was damaged on the first incident I had. And the link pipe and one muffler costs way more than the Boz to replace. Save your money, you say!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
What credentials do you have to hold such an opinion on the Boz.
I have had the boz more than a year. Power is as strong as the akra race system. Why? Coz I had the akra before the Boz. Where did u get the low dyno numbers from? And for the crap sound? Have you heard one full bore at a track? People love it when they hear my bike going full chat down the straight. Loud yes, crap no. As for quality? How did you based your findings? Quality control dept? Do they fall apart? No. There are no quality issues with it so far, or recalls. For the record the Boz costs a fraction of a full Akra or beet system. At least my Boz will survive a crash. Akra was damaged on the first incident I had. And the link pipe and one muffler costs way more than the Boz to replace. Save your money, you say!
Look, this site is about oppinions and I was just stating mine, from the dyno graphs and numbers I remember quoted on this site, they were pretty low for a full system, and they all had a huge hole in the bottom and mid range, you would have to search through the hundred of boz bros threads.

As for the quality of the pipe, again in my opinion, you get waht you pay for, the damn pipe is stainless for one, you have ti from the factoy, why go backwards:dontknow:

Again, my opinion, the BOZ looks like total shit, sounds like total shit, and if I had it on my bike I would take it off and throw it in the fucking trash.

I am also surised any track will let you on there with that thing, its nothing more than a open header, sounds like a open header, why not just remove you stock can and s bend, it would be the same fricking thing for no money, and I am sure you would gain your couple of 5 hp on the top end and have your huge bottom end hole all for free.

It's fine if you want to defend your purchase but please do not try and compare that shit to a quality race ti full system they are not even in the same leage in so many ways. THe B2 looks even more ridiculous BTW

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Look, this site is about oppinions and I was just stating mine, from the dyno graphs and numbers I remember quoted on this site, they were pretty low for a full system, and they all had a huge hole in the bottom and mid range, you would have to search through the hundred of boz bros threads.

As for the quality of the pipe, again in my opinion, you get waht you pay for, the damn pipe is stainless for one, you have ti from the factoy, why go backwards:dontknow:

Again, my opinion, the BOZ looks like total shit, sounds like total shit, and if I had it on my bike I would take it off and throw it in the fucking trash.

I am also surised any track will let you on there with that thing, its nothing more than a open header, sounds like a open header, why not just remove you stock can and s bend, it would be the same fricking thing for no money, and I am sure you would gain your couple of 5 hp on the top end and have your huge bottom end hole all for free.

It's fine if you want to defend your purchase but please do not try and compare that shit to a quality race ti full system they are not even in the same leage in so many ways. THe B2 looks even more ridiculous BTW
Without tuning it does have a hole at 7K. But not at the bottom. After tuning no holes what so ever. Secondly on the 04 and 05 the stock header was stainless not titanium like the 06-07. Also what do you gain from titanium? The Akra Evo and the Akra Race made both the same power. The only thing you gain from titanium is a bit lighter weight but I think the Race Akra is heavier then the Evo Akra by a mere 1.5 lbs. Like I said before the Akra is a great pipe no ifs ands or buts about it. But bashing something that you've never owned or dealt with isn't what this sites about. You read what people have read but not fully looked into the matter. How many people with the Boz pipe have actually been to a dyno and got it custom tuned? I think myself and maybe a handful of people have. My numbers once again are on par with any other pipe. As far as being loud the only track I can't be on is Laguna except for two weeks out of the year. As far as Sears Point they have been pretty cool with the pipe. As far as just unbolting the stock can and link pipe and there you go a Boz Moira pipe you are drastically mistaken. The runners on the Boz are much longer then stock. Each runner inner diameter is 1/8" wider then stock. The guage metal is 1/16" thinner then stock. The longer runners give the needed back pressure, the larger diameter provides better exhaust gas flow, and the thinner steel reduces weight. The stock system weighs something like 30lbs all together. Unbolt the link pipe and can you save about 20 lbs. The header is about 10lbs. The Boz weighs I think 5-6 lbs maybe. Just food for thought though.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

I cannot speak for others as I do not know their bikes. But I do know mine. As a dedicated track bike, (which "unsurprisingly" goes on track 2 to 3 times a month), is certainly not down on power, as it remains to be one of the stronger bikes on track. as other racers have told me so.

Secondly to answer your question original pipes was sold off to make way for the Akra Ti race system. This was damaged in a crash. Repairs to the system is costly. Boz was the effectively the cheaper option. There is no big hole to find that you speak of.:dontknow:

As for the quality issue I am speaking of the Boz on it own. Never did I compare the two pipes together in terms of quality, only in terms of cost. They are completely different in materials, design and so forth.

Furthermore and now I will use your language so you could understand completely what it about. You have a fucking opinion. I on the other hand have facts and experience of both systems on the 06 ZX10R of which you have neither. Your opinion count for nothing.:headshake

As for the B2 I have no idea what it look like, thus I cannot comment on it.

Before you start preaching about dyno charts. A dyno is only as good as the tuner using it.:heyyou:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts