Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lasr year around this time i brought my bike in with mods listed in sig minus the full akra and ran 168.4 just got back from the dyno and pulled 174.3 so im pleased. Just one question~im plannin on takin it back in for a custom map since addin the full akra am i going to pick up any extra power? i know itll run a ton smoother......

·
Registered
299 Posts
well lasr year around this time i brought my bike in with mods listed in sig minus the full akra and ran 168.4 just got back from the dyno and pulled 174.3 so im pleased. Just one question~im plannin on takin it back in for a custom map since addin the full akra am i going to pick up any extra power? i know itll run a ton smoother......
First off those #'s are great congrats, second your horse power will increase can I give you a number by how much not really, depends on 2 things the tech, if he is doing it right (Seen at a bike show were the dyno tech just kills the bike. the dumb ass just keeps taking the bike to rev limiter. Not sure but I have always been told to once your close to limiter it or you just hit it to let go of the thottle) second the CUSTOM map make sure he takes longer then 20 minutes. If he does'nt then do'nt pay him cause that map is bull sh*t. Most good custom maps take a least an hour to an hour and 1/2.

·
Registered
147 Posts
the maps only change the air fuel mixture. so depends if your bike is running lean or rich. if its too much on either side the map will change that and may give you extra power. if its spot on then it will only give you an extra 1-2 horses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts