Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just got back from the quarter mile, not my normal stompin grounds but hey its fun every now and again. main reason for going was my back tire was in need of a change so i wanted to go ahead and finish it off. so anyway my first run just feelin out the track was a 12 something cause i let off. every other run no matter how i played it was an 11.2. 11.2 @130 miles an hour. 11.2 at 135 mph. i dont get it i couldnt make it any faster. grrrrrrr. i tried everything and every time i tried to give it close to full throttle all i did was wheelie the freakin thing. so i am satisified that if it was strapped and an extended swingarm i'd run a whole lot faster cause all i could do was about 3/4 throttle. however it was such a blast to light up that rear tire and then go screaming down that 1/4 mile. so much fun. not as fun as twisties but a blast just the same. now i just gotta figure out how to get all the rubber off the bike. oh yeah the finale to the nigth was gettin to pop the rear doin a burn out cause i got a pilot power here in the living room and i trailered it to the strip. fun night but i would rather waste the money on gas than entry fee.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah i checked it all before i put it on the trailer

·
Registered
403 Posts
Orange_R said:
well i just got back from the quarter mile, not my normal stompin grounds but hey its fun every now and again. main reason for going was my back tire was in need of a change so i wanted to go ahead and finish it off. so anyway my first run just feelin out the track was a 12 something cause i let off. every other run no matter how i played it was an 11.2. 11.2 @130 miles an hour. 11.2 at 135 mph. i dont get it i couldnt make it any faster. grrrrrrr. i tried everything and every time i tried to give it close to full throttle all i did was wheelie the freakin thing. so i am satisified that if it was strapped and an extended swingarm i'd run a whole lot faster cause all i could do was about 3/4 throttle. however it was such a blast to light up that rear tire and then go screaming down that 1/4 mile. so much fun. not as fun as twisties but a blast just the same. now i just gotta figure out how to get all the rubber off the bike. oh yeah the finale to the nigth was gettin to pop the rear doin a burn out cause i got a pilot power here in the living room and i trailered it to the strip. fun night but i would rather waste the money on gas than entry fee.
Drag racing is not as easy as everyone thinks it is!!! It takes skill to ride down the track at those speeds and those times.........

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NATOR said:
C'mon man, tell me you were in your car!!
J/K man, I don't drag so I really would'nt no how tough it is.
its the first 1/8 mile that was a booger for me the last half is pretty much opening up third gear lol

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Yea, I hear that, get that down and your good to go. I've messed around a bit on the street and know there is no way I'd go to the strip in my current contition (launches) they'd all laugh. I have nightmares about this :lol:.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NATOR said:
Yea, I hear that, get that down and your good to go. I've messed around a bit on the street and know there is no way I'd go to the strip in my current contition (launches) they'd all laugh. I have nightmares about this :lol:.
:crackup: my first one was definitely uhh how do you say embarassing but by the third and fourth i was gettin faster it is just something you gotta do to get better at and i would personally rather usually all my tire than the middle

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NATOR said:
What did you run against??
first was solo and that was the best 1/8 mile i had lol
2 and 3 were against a busa was within a second of him the whole time.
4th i ate some yamaha for lunch. he had me at the 8th mile but i reeled him in and got him at the line

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
each 1/8 mile got faster though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts