Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Just did the GP shift mod

8K views 64 replies 25 participants last post by  KevinBlank 
#1 ·
How long does it take to get used to it.
Figured while the bike was down with the brake lines I would do it since I have been putting it off.
Had to modify fairing a little but that is what dremels are good for.:thumbsup:

#5 ·
Its the "GP shift mod". basically turn shifter that connects to the tran upside down and when you shift through the gears you hit the lever down.

#8 ·
so have you got used to it already?

takes about 50-75mi fer me. Ill never go back f'sho.

However when I get on my mini, i can never rememeber which way to go to get neutrual. :eyecrazy: Lizdexic am i. :dontknow:

#10 ·
hangman39 said:
Have not rode it yet busted brake line right now. That is what I am afraid of been riding with the 1 down 3,4 or 5 up for about 36 yrs now hope my brain can be reprogramed to do the opposite.
well for me its not even an issue really.

Funny when I hop on someone elses bike and ask them how to shift the thing though...:lol: "this guy says he used to road race and dont even know how to shift gears?!?!?!?!" :spit:

Once you shift either config once or twice though, it will then come back to not even thinkin about it...at least thats how it works for me. :mrgreen:

#19 ·
GT ZX10 said:
Has anyone run their bike without the lower fairings. I want to try the GP shift but don't want to cut the fairing until I know if I will like it. I figure just run without it but did not know how the mid section would hold up with out the lower bracing it.
Get ready to fly like a eagle. The upper farring will open up like wings.

#25 ·
I rode my brother in laws zx6 that had the gp shift. I was constantly downshifting instead of up shifting. I would do it on the 10 but I dont care about cutting the fairings.

#26 ·
You can do this mod WITHOUT any cutting. You just have to align the shift linkage differently. This is how I did it on my '06 and should work for the older models as well. Takes 5 min and if you don't like it, just put it back to stock.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.