Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it take to get used to it.
Figured while the bike was down with the brake lines I would do it since I have been putting it off.
Had to modify fairing a little but that is what dremels are good for.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Its the "GP shift mod". basically turn shifter that connects to the tran upside down and when you shift through the gears you hit the lever down.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
so have you got used to it already?

takes about 50-75mi fer me. Ill never go back f'sho.

However when I get on my mini, i can never rememeber which way to go to get neutrual. :eyecrazy: Lizdexic am i. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have not rode it yet busted brake line right now. That is what I am afraid of been riding with the 1 down 3,4 or 5 up for about 36 yrs now hope my brain can be reprogramed to do the opposite.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
hangman39 said:
Have not rode it yet busted brake line right now. That is what I am afraid of been riding with the 1 down 3,4 or 5 up for about 36 yrs now hope my brain can be reprogramed to do the opposite.
well for me its not even an issue really.

Funny when I hop on someone elses bike and ask them how to shift the thing though...:lol: "this guy says he used to road race and dont even know how to shift gears?!?!?!?!" :spit:

Once you shift either config once or twice though, it will then come back to not even thinkin about it...at least thats how it works for me. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
535 Posts
My brain switches shift patters as I ride either of my bikes :) Too bad I can swap my Triumph also! I took me about 3 good long rides and a track day to get used to the GP shift and not thing about it..

-Nick

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Sounds like a good mod. Cant wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
GT ZX10 said:
Has anyone run their bike without the lower fairings. I want to try the GP shift but don't want to cut the fairing until I know if I will like it. I figure just run without it but did not know how the mid section would hold up with out the lower bracing it.
Get ready to fly like a eagle. The upper farring will open up like wings.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
hangman39 said:
Here are a few pics
Can we get a wider view. I want to see the complete package. Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts