Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
ok so i knew the spark plugs on the zx-10r were as dreaded as they come. I knew that in the top "reasons i own a 10" this was not on there.
step 1: admit it this will take some time...not a pain in the ass just takes some time.

step 2: strip your bike all fairings but the tail and ones around the head light but all side/lower/seat/tank got to go!

step 3: Remove the air box {remember counter clockwise}
ok so now is where it gets tricky! but easy! see the motor mounts on the side? they are triangles take those off! dont worry the motor has 2 other mounts that will hold it.

step 5: now that those are out of the way look on the bottom of your frame where those mounts were. AHHH HAAA! there is those 2 pieces of metal that are all kinda in your way. 2 12mm bolts and 1 14mm bolt and both are outa there! now you can use a swivle socket and a extension and remove all your plugs.
REMEMBER on reinstalling plugs a tid bit of anti size or grease on the threads is a good idea.
Your done put that shit back together and go riding! And remember extra nuts and bolt not cool!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.