Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my bike dyno tuned today. my air/fuel was off quite a bit. It was 105 degrees and very humid in the trailer where the dyno was. the last run i ended up w/ 155 hp. All i have is an evo 2 full system.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I did mine last weekend and got 154. I just have a M4 slip on.
By the way. :zx_silver is the fastest. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
back in may (when it was cooler) i got 158 with my bad map and bad fuel curve on the same dyno. Temp sure does make a diff.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Did you notice much of a difference after you got your custom map? I go the 17th of this month and can't wait. I really have a feeling I'm losing out on the top end (over 9,000 rpm's). I guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont really feel much difference. I only gained like 4 peak hp. If i had it to do over again i wouldve waited till the fall. I think i picked the absolute hottest day all summer. I also suggest you go to a dyno that has a tuning link. The place i went to didnt. It was just trial and error, however the guy who made the map was pretty good, and got the map pretty close (and was a hell of a lot cheaper than a place w a tuning link) i think i gave him like 50 bucks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah , the air/fuel may be better at 100% throttle but big deal. That's why you can't feel much difference. Trust me, take it to a place that knows what they're doing and has the right software (tuning link) to map it, and you WILL feel the difference, everywhere, not just in peak power. Once ballzman gets his done, and posts what he"feels" you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well ron ayers is the closest place to me that has a tuning link and its almost 3 hrs away, so thats part of the reason i didnt.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
thats no custom map with only 5 pulls...
hell I'd bet if he made five pulls in a row without changing anything he could of gotten those numbers..
but for $50 what do you want :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I'm getting mine done tomorrow at Velocity Dyno here in San Antonio....Dude is gonna have it for a few days to tune it right and get the most out of it. I'm psyched! I will be posting dyno sheets of before and after. Don't really care what HP it shows....she's a beast as is.....just want to smooth it out more than anything.

$250 cost, but he is cutting me a discount for military (only $150!)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:
I'm getting mine done tomorrow at Velocity Dyno here in San Antonio....Dude is gonna have it for a few days to tune it right and get the most out of it. I'm psyched! I will be posting dyno sheets of before and after. Don't really care what HP it shows....she's a beast as is.....just want to smooth it out more than anything.

Strong deal...awesome!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
busaforhire said:
thats no custom map with only 5 pulls...
hell I'd bet if he made five pulls in a row without changing anything he could of gotten those numbers..
but for $50 what do you want
if you look at the air/fuel portion of my dyno sheet, you can see i was off by a point or more in the first few pulls, and he was able to get my map pretty close to 13:1 all across the rpm range then richened it up top. Like DB said i was mainly looking for smoothness and throttle response improvement, which i got. I wasnt expecting a huge gain in power. I think he did a great job not having a tuning link.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, what he's done, is just map your bike for 100% throttle. You'll feel hardly any difference at all. RIDE THE 3 HOURS, and you will not be sorry. You wasted $50, what's a few hours gonna hurt for an actual major improvement? Haha

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do you wanna give me 3-400 bucks birdbman?? lol jk maybe one day i will when im not working 60 hrs a week lol dont you guys have jobs??

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
DB's ZX10R said:

UPDATE:
The tech called me last night and said he was about 10 hours into mapping my bike and has it smoothed out like a baby's butt....

The baseline run put me at 152 rwhp.....after the mapping so far, it has lost about a 1/2 HP, but is a lot smoother thru the power band. The dyno is a brand new dynojet 250i with load control.

I will have the dyno sheets posted on Saturday when I pick up the bike.

WORD!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
10 hours!!! and they have a tuning link? i didnt realize it took that long. now im glad i didnt take it to a place that had one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts