Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 zx10r. I have an all stock motor, stock headpipe, racefit slip-on. It's lowered, 2"-6" extensions, strapped, power comander, and nitrous(not at liberty to discuss jet size :cool: ) I have been drag racing for a little less than a year, and set a new personal best on Sunday Oct. 8th at Tulsa, OK. I went :

60' - 1.52
330' - 3.897
1/8 - 5.833 @ 126.07
1000' - 7.525
1/4 - 8.97 @ 154.46

Has anyone seen these type of numbers out of a fully stock motor (never touched) and stock head pipe 10? Like I said, it is my personal best, I was just curious to see if anyone else has gone in the 8's on this set up. Let me know.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
thats cruisin f'sho. Congrats!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice numbers:thumbsup:

How much do you weigh?

You figure your bike has atleast 155HP and then with the extra 50HP you are making somewhere around 200HP. :dontknow: So yeah it should go in the 8's with a good rider. :helmet:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Thats a great time! Keep it up.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
You figure your bike has atleast 155HP and then with the extra 50HP you are making somewhere around 200HP. :dontknow: So yeah it should go in the 8's with a good rider. :helmet:
It depends on if the nitrous kit is wet or dry. If its dry you will be lucky to pull 140 whp because you have to run rich to compensate for the n2o. So adding a 50 hp shot of n2o will yield about 190 whp, probably less.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
1killer1liter said:
It depends on if the nitrous kit is wet or dry. If its dry you will be lucky to pull 140 whp because you have to run rich to compensate for the n2o. So adding a 50 hp shot of n2o will yield about 190 whp, probably less.
Ruthless Racing said:
Nice numbers:thumbsup:

How much do you weigh?

:thumbsup: :rolleyes:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:crackup:

you silly gooses! :hick:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
conspiracy said:
You still have the stock clutches?
Stock clutch, stock headgasket, stock cam timing, stock pistons. I put fuel in the power commander (not literally) and run 50/50 mix of 110 octane and 91 pump gas. The motor is untouched. The mechanic in tulsa built another one with the same "mods" and it made 200 hp on the dyno. My friend w/ an 06 with the exact same set up and a progressive went 8.81 @ 160. I don't have his time slip, so I don't know any numbers other than e.t. and mph. His make more mph than mine, I think because I am running a 530 conversion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DethsZX10 said:
Yeah Big Earl and another buddy ran some very impressive times in Tulsa.
This was him in the video i posted a month ago. http://madbeems.com/WIR 9_20_2006/Big_Earl_2.wmv
That pass was with a smaller nitrous jet, at a crappy track, in 2400' ft air. It spun about 200' out. So my 330' was crappy. I have changed gearing ratio since then, with out much sucess, still ordering sprockets on a daily basis it seems like. Either not enough bottom end, or not enough top. With that same set up with the bigger jet it went 9.23 @ 151 in a head wind. Wheelied uncontrollably as soon as the bottle came on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 29 Posts