Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil and switched from Motul 5100 semi-synthetic to Motul 300V full synthetic and just came back from a little ride. I can definitely tell a difference. Bike shifts smoother and I hope it runs a little cooler. I will find out Monday when I commute to work. My bike also seems to pull a little harder. All in all, I believe its worth the extra $4.00 a liter.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i dont think oil has ever made a diff for me. I've always stuck to Motul though. Imo, the 300V is a waste unless you are banging on your engine in a racetrack on a fairly regular basis.. But its your $$, spend it how ya want!

I'm sticking with regular motul 3000 until i gear into serious track time

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I love motul 300v, i run the bike very hard but the one thing I did notice was shifting as well, unless it was one of those things you think you feel.... but i did like running it, i didnt like the $50 bux a gallon tho....

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
yeah i switched from Castrol Gps(syn. blend) to there Full Synthetic Power RS this summer. It shifted better with the normal syn. blend i didnt notice anyhting with the full synthetic but the engine got louder, So once this case is gone im going back to the Gps blend. and save the x-ta $40 per case/and noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts