Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... Thanks to all who previously posted the "How To's" of changing the dreaded spark plugs. It was really helpful.

Well, after going over 23,000 mi on my 05 ZX-10r, I thought it may be time to finally change the plugs. :eyecrazy:

So I tore it all apart and removed the plugs only to find them "Not that bad". After I reinstalled the new plugs I was hoping that the bike would be night and day different BUT... the difference was not noticeable. So now I am curious to know how long I could have gone on the original plugs. I guess its too late now but there is always next time. :mrgreen:

All in all it was something that needed to be done and its one less thing off my plate.

Damn those brackets are a PAIN!!!

Thanks Guys!!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:eyecrazy: holy moly, 23k you say!? wow, i notice after 8-10k miles my bike loves me for new plugs! but yea i know they are a PITA to change, i do mine at least every 10k miles.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
most don't know but there is a thread I did that they are longevity type plugs and should last and that is based on a Tech line with NGK them selfs:wink:. I was doing a valve clearance reading at well over 20k miles and remember replacing mine around 7k me thinks.....either way the plugs still looked good but for a 1st Gen 10r NEVER NOT replace if you have everything off already it's just makes sense to be sure as It's a pitta anyway to get them off. :wink:

bloo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts