41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So today I put on the akra , mid pipe , PCV , and did Ivan's wire mod my K&N should be in next week with the front sprocket ... The question is what canned tune should I run until I go to the dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Check the pc5 website; they have most major (worth buying) exhaust maps.
bad advice, no offense, dynojet maps are trash, you are better off running a 0 stock map (no map)

you will instantly lose power and run pig rich...

with just a link pipe and Akra slip on, you will be fine with a 0 map before you go to the dyno....

if you had a full exhaust (aftermarket headers) then you may want a "canned" map from dynojet depending on the bike to be safe(rich)

I've never seen a bike make power with a pre loaded map from dynojet....and seen a few hundred bikes on a dynojet dyno...

and either do the Ivan's wire mod or a Guhl flash(I have this before wire mod was discovered), this will make more power on a US spec bike than a power commander custom mapped with pipe...

the absolute best preloaded maps I've seen you can purchase (or get for free with purchase of a powercommander) are from Jamie @ fuelmotousa.com they are the closest to a custom map you will get and require minor tweaking, if any needed at all for power and reliability....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Good to know.
I figured they'd be close to ideal and you could tune from there.
From what I have read and experienced, the Guhl's flash for a pipe is rich as well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Good to know.
I figured they'd be close to ideal and you could tune from there.
From what I have read and experienced, the Guhl's flash for a pipe is rich as well.
actually mines not rich at all, if anything for most folks a tiny bit lean (not dangerous, better for power but safe)....

but it would depend where your elevation is/where you are located....

I'm 2 hrs away from him so the flash and mapping works awesome for me...no need for further adjustments for power

I'm pretty sure his preloaded slipon map with the flash was built off an M4 street slayer and Brocks tuning R&D.....it works great for most slipons, but your altitude may differ from where Guhl makes his maps so it can vary....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Dayuum, you guys got me all confused.....all this flashin', wiring, rippin' and a tearin' sounds like an S&M site:lol: When I get my '13, I'm just gonna change the pipe, rearsets, levers, etc. My '08 has scary power as it sits!:thumbsup: You young'uns have the quick reflexes to go faster. Hell, I just slapped at a mosquito bite from yesterday :lol::headshake

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You have a good point there. With all the info on here about that, shouldn't be too hard. :dontknow:

·
Registered
215 Posts
And it's shade tree engineering that works great for those of us who have no need for, or interest in, a reflash.

With the wire mod, my 10R makes the same power as my '09 S1000RR did. Same dyno, although different days.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
And it's shade tree engineering that works great for those of us who have no need for, or interest in, a reflash.

With the wire mod, my 10R makes the same power as my '09 S1000RR did. Same dyno, although different days.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Really? I had one of the 1st s1000rr in the USA back in feb 2010. That was a 10 model. So how did you get an 09?:dontknow:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Interesting that they went back with the red spring on the 2013. I got a white on on my 2012. Gonna be green soon though!!!!!!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wouldn't that indicate a different spring rate?
I think it is just paint but im not sure.. All I know is the back of my bike looks bad ass except the dumb ass white spring.. Obviously I would preferr GREEN but black would have worked as well.. Since red and white are the only options I would opt for the red if there were a choice.. But they must have had a color blind guy design these bikes. Mine is green and sblack.. and it had blue stripes on the wheels, and a Blue R on the side fairing decal that used to say zx10R and then w white spring? Just dont get it..:headshake

41 - 60 of 63 Posts