Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Heres the breakdown I never had Kawi bike and Ive bene outa the scene for a minute so I had no Idea about Austin and Akra makes a nice pipe and I like what they did with the anniversary edition ( why not ) ..... as for the reflash Im still doing it but I just got the bike so laying it up isnt gonna happen and I can piggyback the PCV on the GUHL if I wanna........... as far as no blinkers in the rear its a integrated tail so the blinkers are in there ....... did I miss anything

·
Registered
57 Posts
Enjoy the new bike, looks nice in white. Drop a tooth up front and that power will come on alot earlier, but the reflash is a must brother...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just talked to a guy at GUHL he said keep the PCV for tuning on a dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
My bike has the ECUnleashed flash. There's a video on Youtube showing a comparison done by Orient Express, same day, same bike - Guhl vs. ECUnleashed. The curves were identical.

Secondly, either flash isn't going to magically tune your bike properly. Every bike has slight tolerance differences and as shown on this forum, the A/F ratio of either flash isn't ideal out of the box. I have the ECUnleashed flash and picked up power across the board w/ a PCV. Canned tunes are just that - canned tunes that were built on one bike on one particular day. So if you can go to Guhl's shop and get it tuned and have your optimized map flashed to your ECU, great. For everybody else not local to PA, get a PCV or Bazzaz to get the most out of your particular setup.

Finally, check out the thread on the wire mod - there are dyno sheets graciously provided by Rafa showing the Guhl flash vs. the wire mod on the same bike / same day.

My advice is simple: do some research over the next few weeks to decide wire mod vs. flash, keep your PCV, and have the bike tuned after you get it finished. And most importantly, :welcome::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the link for the wire mod so your opinion in wire mid and PCV with a dyno tune and scrap the reflash on the ECU

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
It's really all up to you. Guhl has a few different options like being able to change traction control modes on-the-fly, being able to raise the rev limiter, etc. My bike has the rev limiter raised but power maxes out at 13k, and I haven't seen any dyno sheet anywhere showing more power being produced above 13k. I had the benefit of talking to Ivan on the phone awhile back for 30-40 minutes and he had a lot of extremely interesting things to say about the flash / wire-mod debate.

So it depends on what you're looking for - all the data points to you being able to make as much power w/ the wire mod + PCV versus my combo of flash + PCV. Pretty obvious which is cheaper.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had the benefit of talking to Ivan on the phone awhile back for 30-40 minutes and he had a lot of extremely interesting things to say about the flash / wire-mod debate.
I'm running the wire mod only. Care to elaborate on the extremely interesting things Ivan had to say?

Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wire mod + PCV makes sense, but doesn't the flash quicken the opening of the secondaries, or does it just keep them open at high rpm?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

21 - 40 of 63 Posts