Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought this bike to dragrace, does anyone know what parts are interchangable from year to year? i'm probably going to have to get an extended swingarm and also strap it down in the front, do you guys know of anything else? please let me know,

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
mmm Top bike, with a few handling glitches. When they replaced the gpz900r (as it was referred to in Aus) there were high expectations off them on the track. Unfortunateley they didn't deliver. At Surfers international Raceway, Dunlop[ corner which was a flat knacker bend at the end of the main straight, proved too much for the zx10 spitting riders off quite badly. This proved ro be a problem with the engine mount at the rear if my memory serves me correct, and mods were soon available. At the time my wife worked for Kawasaki Motors Australia, and I recall discussing the issue with the big knobs. Basically at the time, the zx10 was a bike of it's own, sharing little interchangeability with bits from it's (little) brother the gpz900r (think you call them ninjas in the states). Don't get me wrong, on the street, the zx10 was awesome, just not quite in the league on the track.
Interchangeability = not much
Nice bike = most definately, light years ahead.
Your bike = looks gorgeous

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
i like the stock black and red color better but its a great bike. my grandpa has one and i learned to ride street bikes on it. I dont think alot is available for it but some of the parts from the zx11 will fit if you are looking at wheels and stuff. they use to make big engine kits for it and prob still do

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
nice,
i hope i get lucky enough to find parts for my 87 ZL 1000 Eliminator. It will be my 10 second crusier hopefully. If a vmax can do it so can it.
so far www.holeshot.com has an exhaust and stage 1 kit that adds 10 hp at 10k.

Good Luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put a bar & a slick on it & have fun !

See www.dragbike.com forums.

You'll find alot more info.

1988, 1989, & 1990 -

They're the same.

Red, *<:){)-
i'm gonna run no bar, my dad drag races an 8 sec suz so its first year drag racing hopefully running low 11s or high 10s tuned right, helps to have Rickey Gadson tuning with me, him and my dad go way back. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts