Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well, I just got back from the local track here and I had a great time. this was the first time I had actualy "ridden" the bike since being back from Iraq so around 9months. Anyway I was kind of nervous since it had been awhile and wasnt sure I was in the right group. My wife got the track day as a b-day present and had me in the Intermediate group. the way they do it here is, they have a beginer group a Super Street, Intermediate, and then Expert. So I hda orignaly wanted to go into super street and then after I was comfortable move into Intermediate. Well it wasnt to be since I was preregistered and there were allot of the SS class. Well, I had a great time, I wasnt the slowest guy around the track and I actualy passed a couple people lol, not bad for being on a new track and not riding for 9 months hehe. It was a great time, and pretty well put together, the only downside to the tracks here in Phoenix is that they are all insanely small compared to California and elsewhere the track I ran today was 1.2 miles with 11 turns so the 10 was a handfull. Not really a liter friendly course on the straight away was the only place I saw 3rd and my highest speed was around 150 down the straight, otherwise I had to keep her in 2nd through the whole course for fear of spinning her out the rear as it got insanely hot and the tires got a little slippery towards the end of my 4th session. I was running PP's and they are just as fantastic as I last remembered them being. Anyway to end this long post I will post some pics once I get them from the trackside guy!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time! We should all have wives that considerate :smile:

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
thats good you had a great time Frank. I really wish i could have been there to meet you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's cool Franky...Were you running on Main? Sounds like you were running with AZtrackday... I usually run with TeamAZ...you might want to try them for comparison sake next time. Yeah, I came from Cali...but never rode on a track there. Came here (stationed at Luke) started trackdays on AMP (beautiful course, but closed now), rode all the Firebird tracks...then rode Big Willow...and now these tracks just don't seem the same :( But you gotta ride what is available. Glad you had fun...Hope to ride with you out there soon.

Also, I stand by my earlier offer...if you guys need anything or help with finding shops/deals in the area, let me know. Us Kawasaki guys gotta stick together! :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Sounded like a great outing for sure. Congrats on the ride time.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, yeah guam the tracks here are no comparision to Cali, but there is no where else to go =( hehe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah...it's better than not having anything. I just hope that AMP reopens and can't wait for the Buckeye track to open... Until then I will be riding on Firebird and just happy that I have that option... I still want to make a trip to Willow this year...and maybe one day Laguna!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts