Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
Let me know when you can get that link translated to english...better yet, hillbilly! :badteeth:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hillcountry10r said:
Let me know when you can get that link translated to english...better yet, hillbilly! :badteeth:
See if you can follow:

Holy crap that's fast! :wink:

BTW, you going to TWS any time soon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
How fast would a ZX10R have to be traveling in Houston (very humid most of the time) for such a cloud to form? Would such a cloud form first in the ram air intake?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TN10 said:
Do these clouds ever end up obstructing the pilot's view forward?
No, the center of pressure is where the "cloud" forms. The CP is always well back on the aircraft, otherwise it would be extremely unstable and not flyable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TN10 said:
How fast would a ZX10R have to be traveling in Houston (very humid most of the time) for such a cloud to form? Would such a cloud form first in the ram air intake?
A lot depends on the overall aerodynamics of the object. A F1 car wing will compress the air and create a "cloud" (small). But that's at 175~200 mph, on a very humid day. On a 10R who knows, 400, 450 mph? Don't think you can do it, even if you dropped it off the tallest building in Houston.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Let me know when you can get that link translated to english...better yet, hillbilly! :badteeth:
that's a fine comment from the "gas" man. I needed to pull out my old Chemistry books for that one :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Shoot. I bet my ZX10 does the same thing on the front straight at TWS. Unfortunately, I can't take the picture and ride at the same time or I could prove it.

BTW, there is a video of an F14 out there somewhere showing this same thing. I think it was shot from the deck of an aircraft carrier at sea.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zeta xray said:
Shoot. I bet my ZX10 does the same thing on the front straight at TWS. Unfortunately, I can't take the picture and ride at the same time or I could prove it.

OoooK, Rrrrrright.
Just follow the fine young men in the white jackets that should be knocking on your front door, just about now.
:wink:
 

·
Hillbillie Mod
Joined
·
20,155 Posts
gpz1100 said:
OoooK, Rrrrrright.
Just follow the fine young men in the white jackets that should be knocking on your front door, just about now.
:wink:
Scoff if you like...I've seen it!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top