Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bled my brakes, feeling real spongy, and went all the way to the grip. Anyway, debris came out of my line when I bled the line by the fill cylinder. Could this be some sort of seal or something? Brake still feels spongy, not as bad but still pretty awful. Should I replace the master cylinder? Get stock parts and rebuild? Thanks for any info. Peace :cool:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock all.. And it was black..looked like rubber or plastic, maybe dirt..If it is lines I will replace, but if it is the master.. should I rebuild or try and replace with a decent priced one..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Is your bike still under warranty? Stealership might fix it?

·
Registered
289 Posts
ya if not under warranty get some nice stainless lines and dont rebuild the stock one, it sucks. get a stocker from an 05-06 6r. they r cheap and way better. did that for a friend, the brakes are as hard as a rock, no joke, it works really well for pretty cheap. plus it uses the same brake light indicator, but his is so stiff 90% of the time his brake light doesnt even come on lol

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It sounds like its either the seals or pieces of the hose breaking up. I wonder if there was incompatible brake fluid that ate away at the seals. Either way, if it was my bike, I wouldn't ride it until I get it fixed.

I would recommend the Brembo 19x18 radial master cylinder, as I have been very pleased with mine (a noticeable improvement in brake feel and power). If that is out of your budget, I'd pick up on ebay a Yamaha R1 (04+), or R6 (06+) radial master cylinder as I have been very impressed with the one on my track bike. They are manufactured by Brembo as well but have a smaller piston dia. 16mm (if memory serves me right), than the Brembo forged unit's 19mm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts