Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a pair of Joe Rocket gloves last year and they already ripped out by the velcro on the gauntlet. Cant find the reciept so Joe Rocket wont warranty them.
So now gotta get some new gloves
Need some reccomendations on decent race gloves for less then $100.

and Joe Rocket can kiss my ass

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Floyd said:
just bought a pair of Joe Rocket gloves last year and they already ripped out by the velcro on the gauntlet. Cant find the reciept so Joe Rocket wont warranty them.
So now gotta get some new gloves
Need some reccomendations on decent race gloves for less then $100.

and Joe Rocket can kiss my ass
I got a great pair for $40 down at my dealer. Dont have any pics but the knuckles are faux carbon fiber, the leathers black stitched with gold. Olympus I think....Ill go look for some pics...

and I know of 4 crashes on them and they've held up well.

Great gloves for the money...

Heres the best pic I could find of em...:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have had mine for a lil' while now with no probs so far-maybe a good batch. Thanks for the welcome. Been lurking since I have my eye on a left over titanium 10. Currently only ride my '02 gixxer 600 track slut but been wanting a liter for the street.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had Alpine Stars and now have some Teknik ones, not sure which model, top of the range ones with tan coloured palms. Quality seems great and they're very comfortable. The Alpines lasted for ever and survived 2 crashes unscathed, but they were much dearer...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
I got a great pair for $40 down at my dealer. Dont have any pics but the knuckles are faux carbon fiber, the leathers black stitched with gold. Olympus I think....Ill go look for some pics...

and I know of 4 crashes on them and they've held up well.

Great gloves for the money...

Heres the best pic I could find of em...:rolleyes:
:+1:

Olympia... yes, I bought two pairs before the summer of 2003 and they're still in great shape! I would highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm I got Joe rocket GPX gloves for nearly a year now...no complaints! And I know the dealer where I got them would be to afraid not to replace them on warranty...I bring them too much buisness...

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have Icons (like the picture above but with Red)-- very durable glove, very thick leather, fairly high quality stitching. I imagine their full gauntlet gloves would be the same quality. I don't care for them because the palm is too small for my hands (I have really wide palms and relatively short fingers).

I have a pair of Joe Rocket, not very fancy, plastic knuckle guards, velcro for the wrist and a double velcro overlap to open up and tighten over a jacket sleeve. They don't seem to be bad gloves. I'm suprised people have had problems with them.

I also have a pair of Olympia's I wear sometimes that are shorties, the leather is relatively soft and the comfort level is high, but their durability sometimes makes me wonder if they'll hold up well in a get off.....

Also, one of my buds has the A Stars SP-1. He's crashed in them and came out unscathed, if you have the money, they are great gloves.

Have also had Teknic's in the past. Very durable gloves, but Teknic treats their leather with something that keeps it from breaking in for LONG time....had one of their jackets too, and the f'er would still stand up on its own after a full season.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gloves

I had a couple of pairs of AGV Sport Carbon 7's I liked and they seemed ok. I got a Pair of Held gloves and I really like them. Quality is much better on them. I had good luck with them so far. I think they call them the Steve Gloves. :badteeth:

Todd

1 - 20 of 31 Posts