Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran my 04 10 yesterday. got the best time i ever ran too. my problem is, when i used my airshifter, the bike would pop out of gear sometimes. i just installed a 42 tooth sprocket in the back and an aircompressor for my airshifter. i ran about 95 psi in my air tank. when i foot shifted, it done fine. any suggestions??

·
Registered
403 Posts
is your air shifter not fully engaging?? Maybe not pulling it all the way up? Or does it happen after it is already in gear????

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
mikebar4 said:
ran my 04 10 yesterday. got the best time i ever ran too. my problem is, when i used my airshifter, the bike would pop out of gear sometimes. i just installed a 42 tooth sprocket in the back and an aircompressor for my airshifter. i ran about 95 psi in my air tank. when i foot shifted, it done fine. any suggestions??

Yep, airshifter has to be at 120-130 psi to shift on any bike. It tells you that in the instructions. Besides I've ran them on a few different machines, all of which required at least 120 to work.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I never had an air shifter on my bike, but a coulpe of times i didnt slam it into 1st it would pop into neutral..
Now I dont think there is a gear selector.

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is going into 2nd for just a moment and it pops out --i think-- it happens so fast i dont know for sure. it didnt do it every pass though. i adjusted my kill time a little longer and it worked for the first couple of passes then it started again...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where do you have the air valve in relation to the shift solenoid? Ideally, you want the air line from the valve to the solenoid to be as short as possible for a quicker shift. You might have to increase the kill time a pretty good bit to compensate if it's too far away.

What you're describing could also be a symptom of tranny problems. When the dogs on the gears start to wear and become rounded off, the bike will want to pop out of gear, since the dogs will slip and not let the gears engage properly. That's why you may have heard of folks getting tranny gears "cut." You could also have a slightly bent shift fork which isn't engaging the gear completely (and will only serve to also round off the dogs on the gear).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts