connector with release tab up and the yellow inserts
facing you. Remove the lower left yellow insert and the
upper right yellow insert. Insert jumper
wire into the previous mentioned open sockets until you
hear a click. (Fig 8) The black jumper wire should jump the
light green with dark green tracer wire and the black with
yellow tracer wire on the female socket (Fig 9). Plug back
into female connector.

makes stock ecu go to second map that seems to have better ing and fuel curve with speed restictions removed.

enjoy

Dave T

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It seems like a quick enough experiment. Is there any hard evidence to substantiate this mod?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Also, I wonder if it is like the 6r jumper mod, where it leaves the exhaust valve open, giving it the power increase. If that's the case the gains would be diminished on a 10r that already has an exhaust system installed.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I wasn't doubting, I'm just more curious how much the gain is on a stock bike or on a bike with a full system.

·
Registered
641 Posts
So even though I just installed my X-TRE...curious if this is basically the same as getting one of those. Would be good to know to point people in the right direction in the future.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm under my seat now... doesn't really look as described...

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Unless I really missed something, this thread is false. Will post pics of findings in a bit. The only square shaped plug (as the one being described in this) is for the fuel pump as far as I can tell. It does have 2 wires leading into it that sync up with the colors indicated in the first post though... so I wouldn't consider my findings to be damning evidence, but I sure couldn't make it work.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
Registered
778 Posts
so i take it this will not work with a PCV?

1 - 20 of 173 Posts