Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trackday I've done that's been dry and good temperatures. We run 4 different classes, slow street, fast street, slow racer, fast racer. I'm in fast street. The highlights

Street Tires: Michelin Power Pures , Hot temperatures 32F/32R
Fastest Speed 226.5 KPH / 140.7 MPH
Fastest Lap I've recorded so far 1:24.3 (95% of the novice racers don't go faster than 1:20 with slicks and or DOT race tires lap record I believe is around 1:08)

I'm just going to post the most interesting videos/clips, they unfortunately wont be added all at once but they have lots of passing. In street groups we and not allowed to pass on the inside(stuff), I do only on turn one if I see the guy has gone wide and or I wont bother the guy.

This is the last session and was a mix of slow and fast street. The Z1000 I beat was a buddy and it's the 1043cc version, I wasn't going to let him beat me no matter what.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also had the front end upgrade and built for me but isn't cutting it anymore. I added an extra line of preload and it got rid of the pogoing but I was still bottoming out. I only have 2 more lines left, I think I'm going to have to go to heavier springs especially for when I run DOT races or slicks.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup: I noticed a couple of pretty serious walls on the corner exits of a few turns, that mess with your mind any cause they dont look crash friendly.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This video starts near the end of my first lap getting on track getting pass by one of the guys who taught me to ride. The guy's name is Mark Krugger he is 6 or 7 time BC sportbike champion in the expert/pro class. Me struggle to keep him in sights with him on a 250R.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! :thumbsup: I noticed a couple of pretty serious walls on the corner exits of a few turns, that mess with your mind any cause they dont look crash friendly.
I never really notice them riding I'm to busy with where I'm going/looking. I helped pack up the air fences and stuff at the end of the day and the track looks so different on foot. They fixed a couple corners such as 6 so you can sort of see through it now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts