Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those business practices seem to parallel DMG.......hope Szoke finds a good team/ride, he's a proven winner and shouldn't be treated in that manner. Hell, I don't think anyone should be treated that way........

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
That is just bad buisness, he is heads and shoulders above all the other riders in the series, whe will win on any make of bike and make Kawi look bad, sorry to say.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
sounds like hard times ahead for Kawi! but it's not just them A friend of mine who raced for Millennium Aprilia made "IMO" a bad move and walked on them last year and now to the best that i know has no ride in 2010! but it sounds like Szoke was trying to work with them?? but we only know 1/2 the story!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Another of Kawasaki's dumb desisions. I mean come on now !! :dontknow: With 4, count em 4 consecutive Supersport and Superbike Canadia titles with Jordan Szoke at the helm, Kawasaki can't muster up enough money to a least support 1 Bike/rider for the 2010 season. What the hell is up with that !!:headshake

·
Registered
333 Posts
You know it really is too bad. I am from Canada and i have competed with and against Jordon in the past. I was a crew chief for another rider for the 1999 and 2000 seasons competing in the open supersport and pro 600 classes. Jordon is a great guy, liked by all and a hell of a rider. I can remember watching him start his road racing career on a Honda CB 250 at the local track near our hometown as a youth. I now own a Kawasaki myself and i love it but back in 2000 we had 2 zx6r black and silver models and we were sponsered by Kawasaki as well. Many a good rider has been worked over by them in the past. Some of you may remember hearing tales of Michael Taylor. Another fantastic rider who was former team mates with Steve Crevier. Both of those guys were [email protected]#ked over by Kawasaki. That's about when Crevier burst onto the AMA scene with Honda as Miguel Duhamels team mate. Perhaps a third Canadian rider you may have heard of. The problem with Michael was that he had alot of his own money invested into the r&d of the superbike in 2000 and once the season was over and he didn't win the championship, the factory took the bike chopped his contract and paid him no royalties for the r&d work he did. If anyone would like to know where the swing arm design for the 2008-2009 zx10r came from, call Michael Taylor and thank him. That swing arm was on the 2000 season Kawasaki zx7rr chasiss with a 900 motor superbike and the 2008-2009 now stock swing arm as a prototype. Let me finish by saying there is a reason we called them the cult.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hmmm a cbx 250 he wanted our pit bike for parts ....he wasnt buying our fun at mosport..lmao..Taylor was awesome..i'm sure i have a poster from Szokes first championship

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hmmm a cbx 250 he wanted our pit bike for parts ....he wasnt buying our fun at mosport..lmao..Taylor was awesome..i'm sure i have a poster from Szokes first championship
I remember when he won his first championship on the florescent orange and white CBR 900 that Glen Clark built the engine for. I was talking to him the year after at a restaurant in St.Estasche Quebec. He told me two things that kindda made my mouth drop. The first one was that, the year before at the mosport round his bike ran the last 7 laps of the superbike race with next to no coolant in it and didn't over heat. Good on glen Clark. Second he told me that absolutely hated riding that 900. You'd never know it buy how fast he was.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Okay 4 Canadians were born in Brantford Ontario

·
Registered
416 Posts
#1 Jordan Szoke #2 Wayne Gretzkey #3 Kim Mitchchell #4 Me

·
Registered
416 Posts
Well Somatic ...Szokes 1st Canadian Superbike championship he beat his KAWASAKI teamate Taylor..... if anyone knows how to put vhs footage on here you can step back in time...

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that is disgusting. i can deal with team green sucking the biggest cock in racing compared to almost everyone else, but to treat a guy like Szoke the way they did after all he has done for Kawi (more than anyone else in recent history) is deplorable. That is why kawi sucks so bad, they have idiots all over the world making decisions like this.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
that is disgusting. i can deal with team green sucking the biggest cock in racing compared to almost everyone else, but to treat a guy like Szoke the way they did after all he has done for Kawi (more than anyone else in recent history) is deplorable. That is why kawi sucks so bad, they have idiots all over the world making decisions like this.
:iamwithst
There making it real hard for use, the consumer, to keep backing them up. How are we suppose to go out and tell everyone else to suck it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well Somatic ...Szokes 1st Canadian Superbike championship he beat his KAWASAKI teamate Taylor..... if anyone knows how to put vhs footage on here you can step back in time...
Now that you mention it i believe you're right. It's been a long time since those days. I must be thinking of his first defending season then. My apologies. If i'm not mistaken and i mat be, didn't he leave Kawasaki and ride for Honda his first defending season of his first championship?

·
Registered
416 Posts
At least now motorcycle racing is back to the way it should be ....a good mechanic and a killer rider!!!...no corporate $ buying championships...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
370 Posts
Jordan is a class A guy. He's always put his best effort out on the track. I've spoken with him a few times and he comes across as a very intelegent likeable person. In 2007 Kawasaki Japan invited him over seas to try out their MotoGP bike. We had an interesting talk about his experience.

Here's a few shots of his Championship winning posters while riding with the Canadian Kawasaki Factory Team from 2006-2009.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts