Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all if you have any experience with the Suzuki Hayabusa could you chime in with some helpful info? I have an 04 Orange ZX-10R, would love an 06 Black ZX-10R but have been jonesing for a Busa. Don't know why exactly. Maybe it has to do with the bling status of the bike or maybe a desire to have something a little more comfy for 1000 mile trips. Whatever I get it will be in addition to my 04 Orange.
Thanks in advance.
Cary
valskater
:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I had a silver/grey 2003 busa. Loved it for what it was designed for... high speed runs. It's also not bad to just cruise on. A bit more comfortable than the 10R for going to bike nights, slabbin' it anywhere, just goin' to town, etc... And the aftermarket for the busa is phenominal. You can get ANYTHING you want and some stuff you don't want for a busa.

I'd love to have another busa as a second bike. I'm not ready to have one as my main/only street bike though. If you're gonna get it in addition to your 10 I'd say go for it. I wouldn't be so quick to say give up the 10 for a busa though. :headshake

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be an addition to/ not replacement for.
:zx_orange

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Don't give in.... Stay with the Kawi.... Unless you wanna wait for the 07 to have the new big boy... You know Zuki is gonna put a 1500 out... The 10 is sexier though and always seems to have that really pissed off look. I wouldn't trade my 10 for a busa if my life depended on it. Besides the 10 being so much cooler, everyone has a busa. You'd just be another busa. Do you notice getting a lot more attention with your 10 just cause you don't see them in every pack of bikes?

·
Registered
590 Posts
06ZX12 even without the aftermarket screaming right away at least your not riding the typical fotm. So many busa's around and half the guys I have met that ride them said..Yah I liked the looks it was my first bike and I wanted something comfortable. <cough>bulchit

What would that ZX10 feel like with adjustable handle bars a newer softer seat and 8g's worth of mods? (you'd still be 4 grand short of buying a busa. There's a forum somewhere in the sight of a pretty neat set of handle bars that would work well imo.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
El Diablo said:
I had a silver/grey 2003 busa. Loved it for what it was designed for... high speed runs. It's also not bad to just cruise on. A bit more comfortable than the 10R for going to bike nights, slabbin' it anywhere, just goin' to town, etc... And the aftermarket for the busa is phenominal. You can get ANYTHING you want and some stuff you don't want for a busa.
. Except I don't do high speed runs. I bought a busa so my wife could come on rides once in a while since my other current bikes have their passenger pegs removed for the exhaust systems. Like ED said, the busa is great for sport touring or when you want to ride to a movie or whatever. And as long as the curves aren't real tight it can surprise some people on the backroads, too. Definitely worth looking into for a second or third or fourth or whatever streetbike.

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys.
I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to get an 06 ZX-10R and wait for the 07 Busa or get an 05 Busa and wait a year on the 10R.
Not like I have tons o' money sittin' around to buy all the fun eyecandy adreneline toy's that I want anyway!
Thanks again.
:cool:

I'm not sure I like the looks of the new 14......

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
axo250 said:
Don't give in.... Stay with the Kawi.... Unless you wanna wait for the 07 to have the new big boy... You know Zuki is gonna put a 1500 out... The 10 is sexier though and always seems to have that really pissed off look. I wouldn't trade my 10 for a busa if my life depended on it. Besides the 10 being so much cooler, everyone has a busa. You'd just be another busa. Do you notice getting a lot more attention with your 10 just cause you don't see them in every pack of bikes?
I've gotta say that I got a LOT more attention when I rode the busa. EVERYBODY knows what the busa is and what it does. The 10R blended in with the group much easier. It gets attention no doubt, but not as much as my busa did.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Kwaky said:
06ZX12 even without the aftermarket screaming right away at least your not riding the typical fotm. So many busa's around and half the guys I have met that ride them said..Yah I liked the looks it was my first bike and I wanted something comfortable. <cough>bulchit

What would that ZX10 feel like with adjustable handle bars a newer softer seat and 8g's worth of mods? (you'd still be 4 grand short of buying a busa. There's a forum somewhere in the sight of a pretty neat set of handle bars that would work well imo.
Not sure where you priced a busa if you can buy a 10R and do 8k worth of mods and still be cheaper than a new busa? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
phastone said:
. Except I don't do high speed runs. I bought a busa so my wife could come on rides once in a while since my other current bikes have their passenger pegs removed for the exhaust systems. Like ED said, the busa is great for sport touring or when you want to ride to a movie or whatever. And as long as the curves aren't real tight it can surprise some people on the backroads, too. Definitely worth looking into for a second or third or fourth or whatever streetbike.
Another excellent point. The busa is a MUCH better "two up" bike than the 10R. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
valskater said:
Thanks for all the replys.
I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to get an 06 ZX-10R and wait for the 07 Busa or get an 05 Busa and wait a year on the 10R.
Not like I have tons o' money sittin' around to buy all the fun eyecandy adreneline toy's that I want anyway!
Thanks again.
:cool:

I'm not sure I like the looks of the new 14......
I'm with ya on not likin' the looks of the ZX14...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Get k5 or newer gsxr1000 and be faster than both. Then get the zzr b/c its more comfortable for longer rides.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nator,I was hoping to get your attention.Hows it going?Did you guys have a good ride at the end of last sunday?We saw all the harleys and said forget it.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I owned a 2000 Hayabusa and now have a 10r. I would never go back. The only advantage that I know of for the busa is it's better passenger seat. So to solve that problem now my wife got her own bike and is now learning to ride. Actually alot better then carrying a passenger. After owning both bikes, for myself, the 10r is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What's up 06G1K, those Harleys must of turned off. We stopped and waited for a couple of minutes and they disappeared. Turned out to be a pretty good ride after that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts