Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
talk about a huge gamble!!!!!!
Maybe he will get his ass back in shape and find the determination he once had even though he is far from a front runner...

Not even sure he ended up on the world scene being he never won anything significant.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
hmm, interesting. If hopper could just stay healthy he would be great. I suppose they will be a wild card entry in at least a few races so hopefully he can put things together on that bike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
talk about a huge gamble!!!!!!
Maybe he will get his ass back in shape and find the determination he once had even though he is far from a front runner...

Not even sure he ended up on the world scene being he never won anything significant.
He ended up there cause he could ride the shit out of a two stroke, if 4 strokes would have never made it to the main stage I think we would think of Hopper in a whole different way, he never really got on with the 4 strokes the way he did on the two stroke, he showed great promise IMHO. I personally wish he would have stayed in WSBK, I would have liked to see him healthy on a decent machine.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hopkins is an amazing rider, he was great on the suzuki which sucked. I believe he probably developed the bike singlehandedly since krjr had pretty much quit well before he retired. He just seems to have such terrible luck with crashes and injuries. Hope he turns it around and can make some type of comeback.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Anyone see his crash in WSBK where he got run over?

I thought he was a dead man.
:+1: Amazing he made it through that, I though "if not dead, he'll never ride again" Crazy!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Anyone see his crash in WSBK where he got run over?

I thought he was a dead man.
I Tivo'd it, I watched it over and over and in slow motion, how he walked away relativelly unscathed is beyond me. Right up his crotch and over his belly. A few years ago he had a footpeg go right up his ass. Not the best of luck for Hopper.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hopkins must have pics of the team owner with a hooker lol. With all the Talent out there looking for rides due to the world economy .. why Hopkins ?

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,132 Posts
Hopkins must have pics of the team owner with a hooker lol. With all the Talent out there looking for rides due to the world economy .. why Hopkins ?
Maybe he's the cheapest :spit:..He needs to loose some weight!! But over all, congrates to him...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Not following you on Hopkins there 9rto10r, the guy had one decent year in the gp's and otherwise was a back marker....
so in 2007 he finihsed 4th overall, otherwise 2006 he was in 10th overall and 2005-2002 not better than 14th even on a 2 stroke.

Given maybe if he stayed in the US or went to the 250's he could of done something more significant, but on the terms of being a force in motogp's i am pretty sure about everyone else has done more than him.
Hell tony elias has more results than him (and even wins), as do some of the new youngsters coming.
Maybe he can come back to the US and DMG and win...Maybe

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Not following you on Hopkins there 9rto10r, the guy had one decent year in the gp's and otherwise was a back marker....
so in 2007 he finihsed 4th overall, otherwise 2006 he was in 10th overall and 2005-2002 not better than 14th even on a 2 stroke.

Given maybe if he stayed in the US or went to the 250's he could of done something more significant, but on the terms of being a force in motogp's i am pretty sure about everyone else has done more than him.
Hell tony elias has more results than him (and even wins), as do some of the new youngsters coming.
Maybe he can come back to the US and DMG and win...Maybe
Well, I have to admit much of the good feelings I feel about Hopper have to do with the fact that he came to Moto GP unconventionally and tried to pretty much make it right away in the top class, and I actually think even though the results don't nessecarily show it he has potential, remember he was very young and inexperienced when he got to Moto GP. And maybe the film Faster had something to do with it but, I always wanted to root for the guy. There have been plenty of guys that have came to GP after winning major championships in other series and not been as fast as Hopper. Anyway, I guess i just want to see the guys succeed.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Nothing wrong with pulling for the guy, but in motogp if your not on a Honda or Yamaha your not going to have an easy time...unless your casey stoner and honestly he is on a different plane to all but rossi & lorenzo....and occaisionally Pedrosa.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This sounds like a waste. Anyone remember Team Roberts and the ill-fated IImor X3 Engineering ('07)?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Being Illmore was a major force in f1 engine desgn I was really suprised they where stumped on making a MotoGP engine . Youll hear that it failed from lack of funding. But being Illmore already had the engineering , tooling design ect resources in place he could build a prototype for a fraction for what a startup venture would need dollar wise . The aim was to sell the motors to other teams . years later he said it wasnt the funding per se , it was the fact they couldnt get the horsepower needed to be competitive in a non peaky , broad powercurve format

·
Registered
890 Posts
Honda used the MotoGP engines to test design theories in a cost effective mannor ... thenew 81mm bore rule will put an end to that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I wish Hopper the best of luck in 2010 but honestly I'd rather see Roger Hayden or Jamie Hacking riding in MotoGP. I think Hopper has a primadonna attitude very reminiscent of Biaggi. Funny thing is the longer Biaggi stays in WSBK the less attitude he has. Just my .02.....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts