Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received the Joe Rocket Textile Street Vest I purchased from www.newenough.com, This jacket is awesome!!! Has a thick foam back pad/spine protector with the CE pad being optional. The quick adjustable side straps make adjustments very quick and easy, the vest has two front pockets for your hands and one inside pocket. I took a ride with the vest on and it feels very comfortable and secure while riding with absolutely no air getting in causing it to blow up like my everyday fleece vests usually do. I had my wife iron on my ROK (Riders Of Kawasaki) patch on the back below the Rocket badge which had that heat up glue already on the backside. I am very happy with the purchase of this vest and recommend it to anyone looking for one. Pics are below as always!

P.S. - I am a bigger guy about 285lbs 5'11" and the vest is a 3XL and fits perfect, I would say the vest fits true to size.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I purchased a pair of First Gear textile/leather pants from them. Great company. They sell good stuff

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would I wear this?
Sometimes I want to just wear a t-shirt while riding but it always wants to fly up in the back etc. plus I want some protection so I got this vest to wear over my shirts while riding on hot days to protect my back and keep my shirts from coming up without having to tuck them in. Sure your arms are not going to be protected and a full jacket would be the best type of protection but lets face it sometimes it just plain gets to hot wearing full protection all the time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Sometimes I want to just wear a t-shirt while riding but it always wants to fly up in the back etc. plus I want some protection so I got this vest to wear over my shirts while riding on hot days to protect my back and keep my shirts from coming up without having to tuck them in. Sure your arms are not going to be protected and a full jacket would be the best type of protection but lets face it sometimes it just plain gets to hot wearing full protection all the time.
Whoa K...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know I know but it's still better than not wearing anything, plus here in IN we don't have a helmet law but I still wear one religously.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I dunno about that vest kinda looks like a waste of $$ IMO? But maan before Pa finally got a no helmet law I used to love ridin out there in Indy with no helmet! I used to go there labor day weekend for the US nationals with my dad when he used to drag race. I used to hangout an cruise around in the city at nite. You guys have a nice bike scene out there I love it! Seems like everyone gets along pretty good too? People were really friendly! I remember cruising up to some place called "Braripple" or somethin like that? :dontknow: Man it was kool out there! I really dig Indy! I'm gonna have to get back out there one of these days!

I know I know but it's still better than not wearing anything, plus here in IN we don't have a helmet law but I still wear one religously.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
But this is what you need on those hot days! I have one of these an I also have a Dianese one too! They're good! You can wear it over your shirt or underneath. Waay better than those vests! :idea:

http://www.bohnarmor.com/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts