• Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Group Buy for the JMV carbon frame protector for ZX10R

Hi all,

I am in the mist of talking to my local dealer to get the frame guard in as a group buy. The product is from France & he will ship out from Singapore. He is working out some deals so the more we get, the more discount we have. As your guys know, the carbon fiber guard is a awesome look to our frame & also to protect it from big impact. (I need one seriously)

We have 2 person in Singapore who is interested to get them & he will supplied the correct 3m for the mounting. The supplier does not come with it. He also can get the engine armor & other stuff.

His website is: http://www.motovationusa.com/index.htm
This is his email address in Singapore: mailto:[email protected]

The product is not listed there but he carries them. I'm not sure if our own sponsor have any contacts but I want to see how many people is interested in getting them. The price he quote will include the shipping to USA, but depending of how many people is interested. I should have the price this few days.

If flatout can have a better deal than my local dealer, please let us know.

Any input is great...... Here are the pics.

Attachments

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
can you ask how much for the engine covers?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I'm interested in the engine covers & possibly the side panels

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was focusing too much on the frame guard & forget to get the quotes for the engine armour, I will ask him in for a full details. Maybe tomorrow you guys will know.

Cheers
Alex

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry about the off-set sliders for the ZX10R, they do two types of the frame guard.

I had mine the offset pcs.

Alex

·
Registered
318 Posts
Interested in frame and side panels. What about the front and rear fender, front and rear chainguards.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since you guys have different liking, I will ask him to come out something for us...

Stay tuned.
Alex

·
Registered
194 Posts
I' m interested in the side panels and frame guard.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very nice. I guess I can base what I want by what I can afford. I'm in for the engine covers if they are reasonable. Possibly the side panels and frame protector, depending on price.
Would like to see more pics of the engine covers and do they make them for both sides or just the clutch cover? I'm looking for a complet set right/left sides.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I looked into this bodywork. It is nice. But there is a company in the UK that says that if you are buying the JMV for abrasion protection, you should instead look at Carbotech or BBT carbon because they are thicker.

Here is what they say:

"JMV carbon engine covers.
JMV carbon fibre products are strong and look stunning. They are finished in lacquer to give a high gloss finish, edges and mount points are usually faded into black, body panels are pre-drilled and are supplied with fitting kits. Kevlar layers are used on most engine protection components to provide extended abrasion resistance. If exceptionally high levels of protection are required then we would recommend Carbo Tech, Creations or BBT carbon protectors."

Here is their ZX-10R Page with pictures:
http://www.rhencullen.co.uk/zx10r.htm

And here is the page of their catalog that recommends other brands for abrasion:
http://www.rhencullen.net/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Carbon_fibre_420.html

Hope that helps. They look really nice, and I am down for a group buy. I will get whatever you order. The left engine cover that covers up the coolant hose is REALLY neat.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RichTJ99 said:
Moving to Group buys.

In the future it would be appreciated if you could talk to one of our sponsors first before starting a group buy especially since they pay to advertise here.

Alex - could you find out if http://www.motovationusa.com/index.htm would be interested in sponsoring the site?
Hi Rich,

Sorry that I overstepped the line. But I email flatout a couple of stuff & he haven't get back to me as he tends to have a wide range of accessories.

I have to check with him again.

Sorry.
Alex

·
Registered
194 Posts
Carbon Fiber

A while back I got a carbon fiber tank guard from cleverwolf. Simonkobejapan a memeber here is a friend and was able to get the onfo form his friend/ dist. Simon if you can find out if he sells other carbon products or if anyone else can get in touch with them.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Alex31 said:
Hi Rich,

Sorry that I overstepped the line. But I email flatout a couple of stuff & he haven't get back to me as he tends to have a wide range of accessories.

I have to check with him again.

Sorry.
Alex
Thanks for trying Alex

BD

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all,

I have got the email from my dealer & below is the details:

Hi Alex,

JMV Side Panels are Retailing at US$380 including shipping to US.

Time for arrival i will have to email them, as it's made to order. I will email them again. The time frame is around 2 months once we confirmed the order.

JMV Frame Guard are Retailing at US $290 including shipping to US

Time frame is 2 months.

For the engine armour & side front panels, I will come back to you again.

Thank you
Alvin

This is the information I have for now, he will work out the gb package if you guys are interested. Please give me your comments & let me know if there is a demand for it.

For the engine armour, he is getting some pics from his customer & he recommended some other brand. Well I guess he must have his reason.

So far, the frame protector really looks awesome & looking forward for a gb.

Alex

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well,

Guess I got the virus from Killer....:idea:

Btw, Flatout is also coming back soon with his price & see who has the best offer.

I didn't know that you guys are crazy about carbon....Thought that you all should be more to bling! :badteeth:

I have just pm Rich.

Alex

1 - 20 of 30 Posts