Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
This kind of stuff has been going on since the beginning of time. I have actually caught bike shops lying about adjusting valves when they never even removed the valve cover. I have marked tires before on trucks and they were supposedly rotated when they were not. The only difference is now there is hi tech equipment to catch them on tape.

Fun to watch. Good Post! Rep coming your way.

JJ

·
Registered
174 Posts
This kind of stuff has been going on since the beginning of time. I have actually caught bike shops lying about adjusting valves when they never even removed the valve cover. I have marked tires before on trucks and they were supposedly rotated when they were not. The only difference is now there is hi tech equipment to catch them on tape.

Fun to watch. Good Post! Rep coming your way.

JJ
Ditto. I have marked parts, also. I have busted 2 mechanic shops & 2 car stereo shops in the past. I work in the service/repair industry. I know what goes on. I don't trust anybody :headshake:lol:

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Outraged over Jiffy Lube ripping people off? Do we have a double standard? Well if you check out the thread about cheating in AMA racing, many of the folks on here seem to think cheating is OK. This is what one of our forum members said: "If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying!" While others seem to think that the crew's job is to figure out how to get around the rules. Don't tell me it is different. An AMA win could be worth millions in product sales. It all about the bottom line. $$$$$.

I think this is an indicator of what is wrong with our society today. Everyone here should have the same outrage over both issues.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Outraged over Jiffy Lube ripping people off? Do we have a double standard? Well if you check out the thread about cheating in AMA racing, many of the folks on here seem to think cheating is OK. This is what one of our forum members said: "If ya ain't cheating ya ain't trying!" While others seem to think that the crew's job is to figure out how to get around the rules. Don't tell me it is different. An AMA win could be worth millions in product sales. It all about the bottom line. $$$$$.

I think this is an indicator of what is wrong with our society today. Everyone here should have the same outrage over both issues.
Your comparing Apples to Oranges (tired ole cliche), but even though they are both fruits, still not even close to the same thing.

It's one thing to cheat in a motorsports competition, its another to outright STEAL hard earned money from people who have no other choice but to trust ya.

JJ

·
Registered
2,299 Posts

JimmyJam, unfortunately, you didn't read my post. It isn't different. Lying, cheating, stealing. It is just a different method. Racing, especially at the professional level is about money. Wins = sales = money. If brand X cheats to win and sells 1000 more sportbikes than brand Y, who didn't cheat. Then brand X stole from brand Y. Simple....

Honesty, personal responsibility. Qualities that seem to be disappearing from our culture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts