16 James Ellison Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha YZR-M1 1 Lap

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I watched it and was pretty cool...

·
Registered
775 Posts
I watched it this morning also. This is my first year subscribing to MotoGP.Com. I think it is a good deal because you also get to see live qualifying in addition to the live races.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Guess I'll find out later today, but what the hell happen to Rossi. Glad to see Nicky up front on the podium, but hate to Dani in front of him.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Dani smoked him and rossi got clipped in T1

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
JodyH said:
Kenny Jr. beat both factory Suzukis........... LOL
that was one of the results that i had hoped for. KRJR sticking it to Suzuki. with the right bike KRJR could be a contender for the title i think.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Would have liked to see Someone other than Ducati beat Honda though:-(

Too bad for Rossi, but it's early, he will dominate.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
So he doesnt win the first but wins all the rest lol...

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
What a race Capirossi had, midway I thought Pedrosa was going to win it but Capirossi just cleared off, shame that Rossi got took out by Elias :headshake but respect for picking it up & finishing the race with no footrest:notworthy

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
props to KRJR for givin the finger to suzuki. i think this might be the year rossi falls. dont think hes gonna suck, but i predict him not as dominating. both him and colin said they have been having trouble with the bike, and rossi has been complaining about the bikes vibration from the first practice. plus, there are so many riders that are going to be stronger; pedrosa, hayden, giberneu, etc. they can all challange. i think this is going to be a hard year for rossi. we'll see!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Well, well what a 1st race to the 06 season for sure!! was very happy to see different riders and bikes mix it up for the podium. Rossi took his shot at making up ground into T1 and got clipped and down goes Rossi.
Pedrosa certainly showed his metal throughout the entire race and got a well deserved 2nd. Nicky's 3rd was cool but it was quite obvious he couldn't hold off Dani early on. Stoners finish was also impressive as was Elias.

BD

·
Registered
940 Posts
:BangHead: Major bummer for Rossi, but maybe those 2 points will come in handy later on in the season :rolleyes: Good on him for finishin though

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
danno22 said:
What a race Capirossi had, midway I thought Pedrosa was going to win it but Capirossi just cleared off, shame that Rossi got took out by Elias :headshake but respect for picking it up & finishing the race with no footrest:notworthy
Well, this pretty much sums up what I had planned to say :lol:

. . .other than in the post race interviews, Pedrosa did mention that he gave up the chase due to he didn't think his front tire would hold out. So if not for that, at the rate he was going, the little dudes Honda would've been on the top spot for sure. Man, he's going to be interesting to watch this year.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Has anybody heard Rossi comment ?

·
Registered
206 Posts
what happened to nakano right off the start.. i couldnt quite see but he got slowed up by that crash did he not?

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
danno22 said:
well that is what he gets for taking out maladri at motegi last year. this is going to be rossi's hard year.

·
Registered
940 Posts
chickenhead said:
Has anybody heard Rossi comment ?
:badteeth:
http://stickyrubber.com/news.php?id=1218

Valentino Rossi : Camel Yamaha YZR-M1 - "We knew this was going to be a difficult race but maybe not so difficult! I saw Toni come up on the inside and he hit me; this is racing and these things happen. I have known Toni for many years and he is a good rider. He apologised to me after the race so I told him not to worry - only to remember to brake next time and if it is too late then to hit another bike instead of me! Anyway I came back on the track and had a nice battle with Alex Hofmann. I am disappointed because I wanted to win the first race of the season but there is nothing we can do now. Only work hard to make sure we don't have these problems again and look forward to the next race in Qatar."

1 - 20 of 56 Posts