Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pics from my first track day. I am officially hooked now!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
hell yeah its alot of fun thats for sure and nothing to worry about I know when I get money again im gonna get back on the track and do very little riding on the streets...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
471 Posts
Tight dude!

Jennings is a great place with great people!

I love it there? Did you find yourself sucking down gallons and gallons of gatorade?

What compounds were you running in that heat?

Did you get your times low enough to run intermediate? After my first day on the track, I droped my time to a 1:37 and then went to run with the intermediate group. A guy with a zx-10 on the pad next to me told me he would pull me around the track to help me get faster. That helped me so much. First run out with him after our warm up lap and I dropped my time down to a 1:32 and I was on my 600.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Nice track, did you run it reverse any>? cause I like jennings in all but if they dont run it reverse a couple times it gets pretty old fast with all those lefts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tight dude!

Jennings is a great place with great people!

I love it there? Did you find yourself sucking down gallons and gallons of gatorade?

What compounds were you running in that heat?

Did you get your times low enough to run intermediate? After my first day on the track, I droped my time to a 1:37 and then went to run with the intermediate group. A guy with a zx-10 on the pad next to me told me he would pull me around the track to help me get faster. That helped me so much. First run out with him after our warm up lap and I dropped my time down to a 1:32 and I was on my 600.
I am not sure how much liquid i drank the entire day but it was definitely a lot!

I was running the Bridgestone BT-003 Pros. Soft-medium front & med rear and they worked awesome. Couldn't have asked for more! I did somewhere around 80 laps during the day on them and they announced at one time on the intercom that it was 94 degrees outside so it was definitely hot!

They only did two groups, novice and intermediate/expert but i did move up to the higher class. My dad went with me and he timed some of my laps and the lowest he timed was a 1:30.2 which he timed on my last lap of the day so I dont know if that was my fastest time of the day or not. I never got the opportunity to follow behind someone quicker than me unfortunately, but i definitely had a ball!

I was certainly feeling fatigued by the end of the day! My muscles are sore as crap still!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the tires

Here's how the tires looked at the end of the day

I think i can squeeze another day out of the rear, and probably another 2 out of the front

·
Registered
471 Posts
I am not sure how much liquid i drank the entire day but it was definitely a lot!

I was running the Bridgestone BT-003 Pros. Soft-medium front & med rear and they worked awesome. Couldn't have asked for more! I did somewhere around 80 laps during the day on them and they announced at one time on the intercom that it was 94 degrees outside so it was definitely hot!

They only did two groups, novice and intermediate/expert but i did move up to the higher class. My dad went with me and he timed some of my laps and the lowest he timed was a 1:30.2 which he timed on my last lap of the day so I dont know if that was my fastest time of the day or not. I never got the opportunity to follow behind someone quicker than me unfortunately, but i definitely had a ball!

I was certainly feeling fatigued by the end of the day! My muscles are sore as crap still!
Good stuff and good times for your first time on the track! Hey did yo get to follow any 250cc aprilla's or any of the sorts? Try following one of those some time. Those bitches get through them corners!

Glad you had a good time as I remember my first track day and was hooked like cooked crack from there after.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nice so how you like Jennings? I can't wait to go back looking at going mid July.... Oh yeah i'm In Tampa... Big up FL!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good stuff and good times for your first time on the track! Hey did yo get to follow any 250cc aprilla's or any of the sorts? Try following one of those some time. Those bitches get through them corners!

Glad you had a good time as I remember my first track day and was hooked like cooked crack from there after.
There weren't any 250cc race bikes out there. There was a 450cc bike with a 250cc frame but i didn't get the chance to follow behind him. I did have a ball though and I am sure I will drop into the high 20's next time :)

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice so how you like Jennings? I can't wait to go back looking at going mid July.... Oh yeah i'm In Tampa... Big up FL!!!
Love it. Awesome track. Awesome facility. Awesome people.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Come on out, let me know. Can't beat $220 for both days. And it's not going to be all packed either. There will be 3 groups, and I think its capped at 50 riders. Plus a mock race.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats man!!! What tire pressure did you start with?? Did you check to see how much the psi went up after some hard laps?? You has some lean angle for sure!!! I'm so jealous!! I can't wait for a track day!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I stuck with 31f/30r hot (immediately off the track). They wore good and stuck like glue for most of the day. I was able to provoke some slight sliding of the rear towards the end of the day, but nothing that wasn't controllable.

One time i neglected to check the rear when the temperature outside sky-rocketed and it got to 35 psi and was sliding all over. Put it back down to 30psi hot and it worked like a charm.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts