Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Read about this earlier, HELL YES!!!

Guy is EXTREMELY talented, and is a down-to-earth, no BS type person. He's interactive with the fans and doesn't have his nose stuck in the air or act like he's on a podium above everyone else.

Myself and my buddy talked with him for probably an hour, if not more, at the Barber race in 2008.

Hes a small guy which makes him fast on middleweight bikes. In this picture I'm 6 foot tall and roughly 280lbs.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn patrick you make him look HUGE! hahah

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I never liked him and after hearing him cry when Hacker was talking during his interview cemented it. Midget with an attitude.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
I'm in no way a fan of his... but it is good to see Americans on the world stage. Hopefully he'll do us proud.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I never liked him and after hearing him cry when Hacker was talking during his interview cemented it. Midget with an attitude.
:+1:

We will see how far that tude goes overseas. :wink:...other than that very good rider and wish him well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Regardless of being a fan or not, the guy is talented and NO ONE can take that away from him. I'd LOVE to see an American represent on the World Level. Thats one of the reasons I loved to see Ben Spies excel in SBK.

It would be silly to expect everyone to like every racer. Some people don't like Stoner saying hes a whiner, others Pedrosa saying his manager is a dick, others Rossi saying he's cocky, others Lorenzo saying he's arrogant, etc, etc...

The way I look at it is those guys are the very best in the world so they can be whatever they want to be and do whatever they want to do. Much less the fact they probably blow more money on toys every year than we make in a year.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
The way I look at it is those guys are the very best in the world so they can be whatever they want to be and do whatever they want to do.
I kind of look at it the opposite way. They're at the top of their game and should be representing the sport in the best light possible. But yeah, in the end they're just human like you and me.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I was actually looking foward to seeing McCoy on the the Triumph. He rode the rails off that thing in the last race of the 09 season.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
I kind of look at it the opposite way. They're at the top of their game and should be representing the sport in the best light possible. But yeah, in the end they're just human like you and me.
:+1:
And hes a turd.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Patriotism will help and as long as I dont hear him or see his off track BS than maybe I can stomache the guy. But what a tool, Ive seen him for many years at Daytona acting wierd in the paddock and I swear he about bowed up at me when he was walking with his girlfriend, and trust me I was intentionally trying not to look. Serious insecurity complex. Walking all arm in arm with her.
He is quick, Ill admit. But c'mon man!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
shit i am just happy to see some americans out there, being we dont have anyone to step in Speis slot in WSBK...Josh Hayes might of done well on the right bike for sure.
But any american out there is better than NONE, just look at NICK hayden.

Hope to see this guy top 4-6 on a regular basisi would be nice, and more pushing for Chaz Davies to get back to form.

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts
:headshake nope its just not going to happen, disucko is in way over his head over there, i think he belongs in ama, wera, ccs not world SS. he is no spies thats fo'sho. Now i like roger hayden but unfortunatly we wont be seeing him do much either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts