Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Jason Britton is a really cool guy.

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  DKMZX10R 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to the progressive motorcycle show today. The stunt show was sponsored by Kawasaki so they had Jason Britton and Eric I don't know his last name performing. I've seen a few stunt shows in my day. Normally I get bored after about 5 minutes but these guys were awesome.

Afterwards they were signing autographs so we went to get one on a shirt my son won earlier. I asked if we could also get a picture. They said of course. So we went around the desk and got a nice picture. As we were walking back around my two year old son saw Jason Britton's bottle of water. He said "Daddy water" and reached for it. I said "No, that's Mr.Britton's water.". Then the little stinker looked at Jason Britton and said "Water please". Jason didn't hesitate grabbed the water and handed it to my son with a smile. I tried to politely turn it down but he insisted and gave my son his bottle of water. Then after the autograph session he was walking around the show talking to people.

It's always cool seeing celebrities that aren't too cool to hang out around normal people. But it's really cool when you meet one that is a genuinely nice and cool person. Jason Britton is one of them.

#3 ·
I met him at a show here in Houston. Really cool guy. He had two bikes, a 636 and Gen 4. I noticed he didn't do circles on the 10 so I asked him about it. Towards the end of the show he hopped on the 10 and signaled to me while he was doing a circle wheelie on the 10.

#4 ·
:lol: that's bad ass. That dude is good man. I miss that TV show he had for a bit. "Stealth Riders" I think? He had that 636 for a while, and I remember the episode where he got his 10R and put it to work right away.

#6 ·
Yeah I could see that bein a pain. They were all gorilla style on the locations. The Grand Canyon episode was really cool. Pretty sure they got hassled there though and couldn't stay long. Must have gotten a lot of heat filming that whole show.

#8 ·
The other guy Eric was really cool too. During the stunt show Jason seemed to keep to a planned routine. Eric kept playing to the crowd. If he noticed a younger kid in the crowd or someone with their phone out he would do a stunt in front of them and make eye contact. I had my son on my shoulders and even though we were at the less crowded far side of the stunt area that they pretty much only used to build speed for a trick at the other side of the arena Eric did multiple stunts in front of us. My son loved it. I just wish he could make the connection between the guys doing the stunts and the same guys signing autographs.

On a side note they had some sweet tricks on dropping the kickstand while the bike is moving and then parking it.

#10 ·
No but Eric kept doing endos and spinning around and stopping with his rear tire on the barricade. They were bunny hopping the bikes which was pretty cool. One of the cool things they would do is they'd do a trick a then put the kickstand down and at the end of the trick they'd let the bike fall onto the kickstand while they were still standing on the tank or sitting backwards it was pretty cool.

#12 ·
Very cool dude!

Met him at a parts unlimited event not a stunt show. We spoke for about 10 minutes. Took a few pictures with him too. Coolest person in motor sports I've met. My friend met Ryan Vilopoto said he was very cool.

I also went to supercross and was at James Stewart padock. He was hurt so he was not talking with fans. You could see him limping.

Jason for sure is a down to earth guy!

#13 ·
Are either one of them members on here?

Reason I ask, is I caught a little of one of they're stunt shows this last weekend (progressive international motorcycle show) in minneapolis, and I noticed one of the Kawasaki bikes had some camo tape on the frame. I could have swore I saw someone on here with that as well, wondering if it's the same bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.