Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a jardine rt5 that includes the link pipe! Waiting .on it to get here. Just curious to know will I be able to tell a big difference in power. I also have a k&n filter. Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I have purchased a jardine rt5 that includes the link pipe! Waiting .on it to get here. Just curious to know will I be able to tell a big difference in power. I also have a k&n filter. Thanks for any replies.
Get a fuel computer on its way to make the most of your new mods, (Power commander, Bazzaz whatever you like) there will be a weight benifit and a marginal power benifit because of the removal of the cat which is heavy and restrictive but you really need it re tuned (dyno'd) to make the most of your new set up.

You can get air in quicker and gasses out faster so you need to pump more fuel to feel the full benifit, fuel computer and dyno mate, may as well do the block off plates also to save the dyno guy having to do a dodgey also (driven make them pretty cheap).

Plenty of guys on here have done the block off mod on the cheap which is just to stop the air recirculation valves (Kleen valve) from introducing air into the system to burn un burnt fuel, its an emmisions thing and needs to be pissed off to get acurate air/fuel reading when dynoing bikes (it is also the culprit for heavy popping on decel at speed).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know I need to get a power commander before to long...i just have to wait on some money! But will the bike still run ok until I can get one? Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yea I know I need to get a power commander before to long...i just have to wait on some money! But will the bike still run ok until I can get one? Thanks for the advice
It'll be fine running it without any fuel management system but you won't be getting peak power.

The Gen 3 header is stainless and houses the catalytic converter. If you can find a Gen 1 header it's titanium and does not have the cat. Further weight savings and better exhaust flow, you should be able to pick one up cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts