Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a chance to see the bike in person at Miller SBK. I was impressed with the looks and fit and finish. Although BMW at that time had no retail pricing as of yet I held off on liking the bike too much thinking the new 1000 would be another 25K bike.
While at Laguna Seca for MotoGp 09 I stopped by the BMW tent once again to obtain retail pricing. The BMW rep had retail pricing. The new BMW is to start at a LOW $13,900.00 in base trim with a 3yr 36000 mile warranty. :shocked I asked what base trip was. The rep tells me base trim is without TC and a few other options. I asked him if there was a HP rating for the bike and he smiled and told me to order next months Roadracing World for that info. After I beat him up for another few minutes, he tells me that RRW has the bike out for testing just before Laguna and ran several dyno runs. 179RWHP. :shocked He stated that BMW has their cross-hairs set on the Jap brands and is going full bore to beat them at their own game.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
WOW,WOW,WOW!
Numbers do not make the bike great, but those are hard to argue with, it is supposed tobe significantly lighter than the rest of the liters too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
US prices announced today...

MSRP 13800
Options:
Race ABS (excluding DTC): 1000
Race ABS and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) Combined: 1480
Gear Shift Assistant: 450
Anti Theft Alarm: 395
Motorsports Paint Scheme: 750

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Damn, that looks really good!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah those are nice but Im not to sure about the side of it with gill looking holes and the front end of it has two different shaped headlights which looks kinda stupid IMO, but Id take one if given one LOL and would love to ride one thats for sure..

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I want one!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shit, just gives the (Mostly) snobby BMW crowd one more thing they think they can brag about, only now they may actually have a point. :lol:

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Obviously the bike looks awsome in race trim which i always loved, and i had a feeling it was gonna be a great production bike. Looks like they came thru with HP but not so much with looks, as we all know. I would LOVE to give that baby a whirl though!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW,WOW,WOW!
Numbers do not make the bike great, but those are hard to argue with, it is supposed tobe significantly lighter than the rest of the liters too.
We will have to see next month when RRW releases the test to see how it compares to the rest of the 1Ks. 13,800 for a BMW is cheap, and with the power it makes it will be hard to beat when it comes to best bang for the buck. 3yr/36,000 mile warranty wont hurt sales either. :mrgreen:
I want one ! :postwhore:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I want one. It's not the prettiest bike I have seen, but nonetheless I still want one!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The gilles on the right side are there to create a low pressure so the big vent on the left side pulls out more hot air(I talked to the reps at Miller for over an hour and a half:rolleyes:).The headlights are that way for endurance racing.One is a fog type and the other a pencil beam!Both have high and low.Very,very light feeling bike.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I can't wait to see one, though it obviously needs a full system and race plastics - whether the gills are functional or not, they're hideous.

·
GEN II Driver
2,902 Posts
design looks like a hybrid of many different japanese bikes. not overly impressed with the looks but we'll see how it does after the reviews are out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd never replace my 1st Gen 10R, but I kind of want one of those...

It looks better than a 3rd Gen 10R, in my opinion. :heyyou:

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'd never replace my 1st Gen 10R, but I kind of want one of those...

It looks better than a 3rd Gen 10R, in my opinion. :heyyou:
With the exception of the head-lights...i would have to agree:+1:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll take one please! I think I can overlook the "ugly stick" treatment for an extra 17 hp over a GSXR. The performance gains are worth it.

I'd be careful though....that "pre-production" dyno run thing has "ringer bike" written all over it.

Obviously BMW is good at design/engineering, but to whoop the japanese on your first try? that would be almost too good to be true. The japanese have been at this game for years.

I'll wait until a few are on the street first to get the real story.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
very good find with the video, man that dash is huge and shows alot of info on there I like that part of it... and the tail section looks so thin kinda like a Yamaha ..not to bad id have to see one in person first before I really decide if i like it or not LOL, not to bad so far after seeing the video

1 - 20 of 104 Posts