Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

sorry about the stupid question, maybe you have discussed it before or maybe I haven't understood how it works

does it unblock the 299km/h limits on the speedometer ?

I've mounted it and removed secondaries.

Tomorrow I'll test the bike on the track

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just put the TRE on my 07...I have read all the other posts, and I still dont understand what it does myself. Also, I dont think the bike drives an different. I have no before after dyno results, but the seat of the pants dyno says there is no difference

·
Registered
186 Posts
TRE Timing Retard Eliminator. In the first 4 gears of at least the 06 and 07 the timing is retarded to TRY to keep the front wheel on the ground. This means you dont get FULL power untill 5th gear. The TRE gets rid of this timing retard and you can get full power in the first four. does not do a thing for top end or the 186mph or 299kph top end.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The TRE only addresses partial throttle in the first 4 gears. It is very noticeable at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Does nothing at full throttle. Also eliminates the fuel shutoff when the throttle is closed.

Visit Ivan's site. He has a pretty good write up. Been cover here thousands of times, but there is often misinformation given.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm quite disappointed

yesterday I tested the bike on the track after having removed the 2ndaries and installed the Ivan's TRE
I hoped to have a smoother throttle. The result was, the on/off in not eliminated
when I open the throttle after a bend, the bike is more nervous and difficult to drive...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm quite disappointed

yesterday I tested the bike on the track after having removed the 2ndaries and installed the Ivan's TRE
I hoped to have a smoother throttle. The result was, the on/off in not eliminated
when I open the throttle after a bend, the bike is more nervous and difficult to drive...
can not verify that. i have removed the seconderies plus a TRE from Healtech.
Throttle response is much better now and bike is easier to control.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
The only reason I want an Ivans TRE is because it eliminates the factory full cut off at 0% throttle. This is suppose to help the bike spool up when you go back onto the throttle.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
The only reason I want an Ivans TRE is because it eliminates the factory full cut off at 0% throttle. This is suppose to help the bike spool up when you go back onto the throttle.
:+1:

Exxxaaactly, I have my flies pulled and it doesn't bother me but I'm not a track day rider, if I was I could see where that jerkiness might be a problem.

You won't really notice that jerkiness though if you're always on the throttle.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Just block the clean air tube (KLEEN), and you'll be happy. No need for a TRE.
The KLEEN air system is removed from my bike with Ivan block offs as well :badteeth: The "no fuel cut off" is completely different and has nothing to do with the KLEEN system :idea: Do a little research my friend :idea:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
:+1:

Exxxaaactly, I have my flies pulled and it doesn't bother me but I'm not a track day rider, if I was I could see where that jerkiness might be a problem.

You won't really notice that jerkiness though if you're always on the throttle.:thumbsup:
haha truth. the jerkiness bothers me when i'm stuck behind a SLOOOOWWW car around a tight turn.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The KLEEN air system is removed from my bike with Ivan block offs as well :badteeth: The "no fuel cut off" is completely different and has nothing to do with the KLEEN system :idea: Do a little research my friend :idea:
I don´t need to do research, since I have no problem with fuel cut off.

Blocking off the KLEEN system fixed my 08 10R decelleration problems (engine braking and exhaust popping sounds).

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
haha truth. the jerkiness bothers me when i'm stuck behind a SLOOOOWWW car around a tight turn.
It may just be me, but I only notice this below 6k rpms I'd say, which should be somewhat obvious if you know how the secondaries work, I at least think I do. Above that, in the higher rpms though the power is violent enough that it kind of eliminates that twitch. Sorry to be Mr. Obvious though.:mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts