Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a timing retarder elimintaor from ivansperformance products.com it makes the throttle response much better than stock and makes the whole bike smoother to ride. throtle response feels almost instantaneous now compared to stock. its easy to install and well worth the 70 bucks it cost. my install went like this remove steering damper, remove tank, and airbox, seperate green connector on left side of fuel rail and remove two wires out of the connector and reinstall in supplied connector plug in t.r.e reinstall tank and airbox. the facotry ecu retards timing in gears 1-4 this part restores the timing where it should be. this was a great mod for the money and if you can remove your airbox yourself and save labor costs its even better i highly reccomend it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the item is available you just have to call him up, and its not needed but if you want your throttle response to be much better and make your bike feel like it shifts smoother and get rid of the jerking when reapplying the throttle then you may want to consider this cheap mod.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I talked to a guy last night that installed the TRE on his bike. It's not a simple plug in like the TRE's for the Suks. You have to pull a pin out of the wiring harness then put the TRE inline. He said that initialy his bike fell on it's @ss with a bad hesitation when he cracked on it (the oposite of what it's supposed to do). He called Ivan and Ivan sent him a map that helped, but the jury is still out. Hopefully he and I can hook up and see what our bikes do against each other this Sunday. The differences between the two: him- Akra slipon and TRE. Me- AreaP slip on. no TRE. I'd say were's close in weight. Simular milage. Ought to be interesting.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
First Ive heard of this for the 10.... *wheels turning in my head now*
Does make sense though, I too have noticed the poor low end performance.... but ooooo the tops so sweet!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hmmmm... Ivan posted on another board that the 10R had no timing retard in the lower gears and would not benefit from a TRE. Now he sells one. Very fucking interesting. It's still just a 5¢ resistor in a $69.95 package.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SMBowen said:
Hey seebr, what other mods do you have on your bike?
i have a full titanium evolution system pc3 with ivans custom map and a bmc air filter not yet installed im waiting on ivan to install his and dyno it. all i can tell you is that the bike feels so much better with those mods. ive always been one of those too much hp is never enough kinda guys but guess what ive got enough now. The throttle is response is night and day and so much smoother now. The install of the tre was very simple, remove tank, airbox, unplug green connector on left side of fuel rail. release 2 wires from the green connector (I used a a small snap on pic it worked perfectly) snap the pins into the supplied connector and connect tre. then plugged the green connector back together and installl airbox and tank. just use caution when removing the wires from the stock harness you can figure out how the pins come out by looking at the tre's connector. The mod is 70 bucks I dont waste my money on worthless mods or even mention it, but this is worth the money. it just feel so much better than it did before in terms of smoothness i.e. when rolling back on the throttle sems to rev a bit quicker.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hey ivan....can you give us some info on this...i read before that you had said there is not timing retardation on this bike and would not benefit from one....what changed?

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
no apology needed....i have talked with you on the phone many times and you are quite knowledgeable....was just wondering if you had found this smooths out the throttle and adds some down low or just smooths out the throttle such as the pc does (cleans the dips out).

Once again, no apology just inquiring...i've respected you since your help with my R1....thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MAVRIK said:
no apology needed....i have talked with you on the phone many times and you are quite knowledgeable....was just wondering if you had found this smooths out the throttle and adds some down low or just smooths out the throttle such as the pc does (cleans the dips out).

Once again, no apology just inquiring...i've respected you since your help with my R1....thanks
mavrik it does exactly that, thats why i posted my findings. its cheap easy to install so why not

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
miykl said:
I talked to a guy last night that installed the TRE on his bike. It's not a simple plug in like the TRE's for the Suks. You have to pull a pin out of the wiring harness then put the TRE inline. He said that initialy his bike fell on it's @ss with a bad hesitation when he cracked on it (the oposite of what it's supposed to do). He called Ivan and Ivan sent him a map that helped, but the jury is still out. Hopefully he and I can hook up and see what our bikes do against each other this Sunday. The differences between the two: him- Akra slipon and TRE. Me- AreaP slip on. no TRE. I'd say were's close in weight. Simular milage. Ought to be interesting.

My bike running with the T.R.E, everything else stock feels like she's running like a scalded banshee.

You actually have to remove 2 pins from a connector and put in the T.R.E but it's not that difficult. You can do the mod without pulling the airbox if you pull the G.P.S connector off the fuel rail, but it takes some fenagling to get it back on after you've connected the T.R.E.

I felt that what feels like an initial lag when coming back on the throttle in 2nd or 3rd gear. What it boils down it is the intial snap is removed. When the bike hits now, it hits hard.

Throttle response is spot on with the T.R.E in my opinion. The bike is very responsive to any twist you make without that intial snap.

Yes, it is available from Ivan for the ZX-10 for 60-70 bucks.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts