Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just had Ivan's Block Off plates installed today, still getting popping on decel (PCV mapping isn't right though), does that indicate that the block off plates haven't been installed tightly enough?

Thanks,
A.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have block off pates and mine still pops on decel. Its more like one big pop now though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
the one large pop is fuel cut.. its the injectors shutting off every time you close the throttle then the loud pop when you re-apply the throttle and call for fuel again...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Just had Ivan's Block Off plates installed today, still getting popping on decel (PCV mapping isn't right though), does that indicate that the block off plates haven't been installed tightly enough?

Thanks,
A.
Here ya go:

·
Registered
142 Posts
jeez that map is allll over the place loll how does it go from 12% fuel at 7250rpm and double to 24% at 7500 than all the way back down to 10% :/

·
Registered
232 Posts
your getting poping cos you removed the CAT
the block off plates are not going to stop that.
the only benifort for the block off plates is for tuning .
with the PCV or PC3 model dependant.
gives a true reading for the sniffer they shove up the pipe when they tune it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It may be fueling related. Did you remove the reeds? I have Ivan's block offs on my gen 4. I asked him about unscrewing the reeds from their carrier and he said don't do it. Mine hardly ever pops on decel now.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It may be fueling related. Did you remove the reeds? I have Ivan's block offs on my gen 4. I asked him about unscrewing the reeds from their carrier and he said don't do it. Mine hardly ever pops on decel now.
No, the reeds are still in there as per Ivan's instructions, had the PCV dyno mapped and the popping is less, but still there. Perhaps the covers haven't been screwed down tight enough?

A.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts