Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
DarcshadowZ said:
Looks like we finally got a U.S. sportbike with some kick ass. Price doesn't look bad either.

http://www.fischer1.com/

What do you fellas think?
Performance wise...

A carbed 650cc v-twin...... Commonly known as a suzuki sv650 motor... without the fuel injection of the later model...

Its got similar rake and trail to the 04 zx10 and a longer wheelbase and a claimed dry weight about the same as well. So it should handle ok...

Cosmetics

Doesn't do it for me but that subjective - It's too angular for me.
And looking at that tank makes I think it would jab you constantly...

While I think its a nice try I think its a long long way from being anything special.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I wouldnt be seen riding that bike.. ill stick with kawi,honda and zuk

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I think its pretty sharp. I wouldnt buy one for a few years so they can work the bugs out.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It has Ohlins rear and for 4999.00 more you can add this.
GP front end, includes Ohlins Superbike front forks, ultra-light cast wheels, and complete Brembo radial mount front brake package. includes necessary spacers and hardware, installed if purchased with MRX.
If you added all the performance parts it would add up to 13000.00 or more for an outdated 650 twin with an outdated harley frame with a killer suspension and ok looks.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Definately an SV650 motor , you can tell by the chain and clutch cover, also the specs are identical, I am not sure if the Hyosung is the SV motor.

Designed in France, Jap engine and wheels, yup, about as American as the Ford Probe.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They had that thing at a bike show a few years back, thought it was fugly then , think it's fugly now! That tail is just bonkers.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
morrisjl2 said:
Not too bad. Kinda looks like a Triump 675 at a glance.
Agreed. I wouldn't have it. At least its a start I suppose. Seems underpowered and needs some design help. Not terrible though, like I said, its a start.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sport Rider had it in a issue a year or two back. I think it's a welcome change of direction for American bikes. I like the looks, and they plan on developing their own engine. Maybe not a home run the first at bat, but not necessarily fair comparing it to KHI whose 2006 income was 11.25 billion, and has nearly 30,000 employees

1 - 20 of 26 Posts