Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damper. This part is a steering damper. Not dampener, not dampner, but damper.

Repeat after me:
DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER DAMPER!!!

Okay, so I'm at home sick and this little pet peeve of mine won't get out of my head. So sue me.

Take care, that is all. :hello:

·
Dangerous
304 Posts
Yep, here it is right out of the manual.

Table of Contents
Exploded View........................................................................................................................ 14-2
Special Tools .......................................................................................................................... 14-5
Steering ................................................................................................................................. 14-6
Steering Inspection ........................................................................................................... 14-6
Steering Adjustment.......................................................................................................... 14-6
Steering Damper .................................................................................................................... 14-7
Steering Damper Removal................................................................................................ 14-7
Steering Damper Installation............................................................................................. 14-7
Damping Force Adjustment .............................................................................................. 14-7
Steering Damper Oil Leak Inspection ............................................................................... 14-7

·
Registered
97 Posts
:lol:, I hear people say it incorrectly all the time.

edit:

Definitions of Damping on the Web:

a material's ability to act as a shock absorber, slowing motion
www.thetech.org/exhibits/online/topics/30c.html

Definitions of dampener on the Web:

* a device that dampens or moistens something; "he used a dampener to moisten the shirts before he ironed them"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

·
Registered
540 Posts
I dont like my stock DAMPNER so Im getting another one.:lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
:+2:

dampner ='s :shortbus: :badteeth::badteeth:

·
Registered
916 Posts
little dialog to think about it...

#1: Hold it right there.....
#1: what are you doing?
#2: I am writing the word D A M P E R .... ?
#1: how do you spell that?
#2: D A M P (N) E R
#1: wrong
#2: well then how about... D A M P N E R S ???
#1: damn fool...how many of these are on one bike?
#2: ONE???
#1: aha... so that makes it?
#2: singular?
#1: right.... so how do you spell it now?
#2: D A M P N E R ?
#1: this guy is driving me nuts....
Now write the word Damper 100 times on the wall, if after that you still don't know how to spell it I will Kick your A$$ :mrgreen:

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts