Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I left home this morning around 5am and the outside temp was 41*F, other than a helmet, Dr Martins, and some gloves, all I was wearing was a leather jacket, and a pair of jeans.

Well needless to say it was a little chilly as I started on my 70+ mile trip to work. When I got home I wanted to see what the windchill temp is at 95mph (Speed on the freeway), it stated 16*F. So I started playing with the calculater and at 100mph, the temp goes up to 18*F...Does anyone know why??? :dontknow:
http://www.glockler.com/start/WeatherCalc.aspx

Bottom line is...it's going to get colder before it gets warmer:badteeth:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
FXSTCHIEF said:
Well I left home this morning around 5am and the outside temp was 41*F, other than a helmet, Dr Martins, and some gloves, all I was wearing was a leather jacket, and a pair of jeans.

Well needless to say it was a little chilly as I started on my 70+ mile trip to work. When I got home I wanted to see what the windchill temp is at 95mph (Speed on the freeway), it stated 16*F. So I started playing with the calculater and at 100mph, the temp goes up to 18*F...Does anyone know why??? :dontknow:
http://www.glockler.com/start/WeatherCalc.aspx

Bottom line is...it's going to get colder before it gets warmer:badteeth:

friction?:dontknow: :dontknow: error built into calculator??

·
Administrator
6,713 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
:iamwithst

went to breakfast last Sunday. Temp was 28ºF when I walked out the door according to my thermometer. one of the other guys that showed said his read 24ºF :dontknow: only got up to about 50-60mph on the way, was still driving on a ticket.

when I first started riding (little over 20 years ago) I would ride no matter what, as long as there wasn't any ice on the streets. And back then the only gear I owned was a helmet. As I got older I realized why I owned a car. :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YSR50 said:
:iamwithst

went to breakfast last Sunday. Temp was 28ºF when I walked out the door according to my thermometer. one of the other guys that showed said his read 24ºF :dontknow: only got up to about 50-60mph on the way, was still driving on a ticket.

when I first started riding (little over 20 years ago) I would ride no matter what, as long as there wasn't any ice on the streets. And back then the only gear I owned was a helmet. As I got older I realized why I owned a car. :wink:
I too have been riding over 20 years and I own several cars and a truck but the feeling I get from riding the bike outweighs being stuck in the car (Which is what I feel like when I'm in my car for long drives)...The bike allows me the sanity/freedom of never stopping when traffic gets backed up or being stuck when there's an accident. My Dad told me...Son, if you're going to be stupid, you better be hard. I guess I'm trying to be hard.:cool:

Thanks Guys!!!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
That thing iz kool! I like how it can tell u the wind chill!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Unfortunately, with the addition of twins this year, I was only able to log 1 trackday (in the rain) and 2300 miles:( It has been raining here for the past 2 or 3 days and the bike hasn't been out on about a week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts