Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i won.....the 16t is now on and im bout to go on the test run.....this is probably the easiest mod with the right tools and one of the toughest with the wrong ones.....if someone is thinking about this mod i would advise against tyring to do it with limited tools...get a good impact and its cake.....took me under an hour today total.....and i spent a couple the other night just trying to get the nut off.....well, im off.....ill report back later....:mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
looking forward to hearing what you think of this mod, i've read a lot of other threads about it, but always nice to hear it again...
 

·
OG Post Whore
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
at least you got it done and let us know how everything turns out
 

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rockwoot:......life is good......definantly the best bang for the buck mod ive done.....to be honest, it wasnt as dramatic a change as i expected from talk about it, but it really makes the bike feel more like it should.....wheelies are much easier now if you wanna do it, but nothing uncontrollable if you dont.....pulled up to a gixxer 750 and left him like he was going backwards, of course he was riding 2 up, lol.....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
I'll let you guys know how dramatic -1/+1 is when I get to it. I got both sprockets. I tried to get a thin head gasket from schnitz today, but I just got a answering machine. Hopefully someone will pick the phone up Monday.
 

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im thinking maybe +1 on the rear also.....gonna ride it for awhile before i decide though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,179 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
:rockwoot:......life is good......definantly the best bang for the buck mod ive done.....to be honest, it wasnt as dramatic a change as i expected from talk about it, but it really makes the bike feel more like it should.....wheelies are much easier now if you wanna do it, but nothing uncontrollable if you dont.....pulled up to a gixxer 750 and left him like he was going backwards, of course he was riding 2 up, lol.....:thumbsup:

Sounds about right. Glad you're happy with it. Also glad you finally got it done. So the impact you were using was the problem, ayy? :dontknow:
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
I went back stock tonight. Planning some top end runs tomorrow. It's been 8 months since I ran stock gears. It'll be interesting to compare again.
 

·
OG Post Whore
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
when are you gonna put them back on?
 

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
El Diablo said:
Sounds about right. Glad you're happy with it. Also glad you finally got it done. So the impact you were using was the problem, ayy? :dontknow:
yeah, my impact took more air than my compressor could supply...so i ran up to my uncles shop this morning and got him to zip it loose for me, then came home and changed it in no time....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
i liked my -1, but when you run up top like we do it was to much. I changed back to stock front and +1 rear. I love it. You can barley tell the diff in the wheelie dept and the bike pulls much harder through the rpm's.
 

·
OG Post Whore
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
maybe 2 up might be the better setup

S_H
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
But i won.....the 16t is now on and im bout to go on the test run.....this is probably the easiest mod with the right tools and one of the toughest with the wrong ones.....if someone is thinking about this mod i would advise against tyring to do it with limited tools...get a good impact and its cake.....took me under an hour today total.....and i spent a couple the other night just trying to get the nut off.....well, im off.....ill report back later....:mrgreen:
What size socket did you use? Was it the large rear one? Or the smaller front nut?

Tim
 

·
PostWhore
Joined
·
13,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rattler said:
What size socket did you use? Was it the large rear one? Or the smaller front nut?

Tim
I used a 27mm.....if you have a deep well 32mm supposedly you can use it on the back, but you have to flatten the washer completely.....i had no trouble with the 27 at all, and would recommend that. You still need to flatten the small section of washer that is folded in.

Edit: dont use the smallest size possible(not sure what the size is, maybe 24mm or so)cause it will round off
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,042 Posts
I was thinking the +1 in the rear, I find myself wanting more of that top end back more often, kind of scary actualy
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top