Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having computer issues, I think my modem is dying but I wanted to make sure the problem wasn't on the server end. So I had to speak with tech support. She said I am going to have to "AXE" you to unplug your modem. Why is it so hard to say the word ASK?? I lost all credibility in her at that point. WTF is wrong with ppl anymore?? Is it vogue to be stupid now??

And while I'm at it pull you f**kin' pants up, you look like a dwarf when you walk.

RANT OFF

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
:+1:
...it's pitiful that so many people think that talking, dressing, etc. like a dumbass slacker is cool. :headshake

It's no wonder the rest of the world thinks people is the U.S. are dumbasses.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You ever been to New York? It's called an accent. I'm big on diction with my son because even though I try to be conscious of it, every once in a while I'll pronounce something very strangely. I lived in Philadelphia and north Jersey and picked up a little bit of twang from both. Just ask someone from Philly to say "glass".

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
someone from philly say "glass"!?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Didja eva notice how sum folks gots a different accent? Alllmoss liks they are speakin' in sum other dialect? Guezz it's a regional thing with all sorts a slang n crazy voice inflection...

Nah serisly, peeps can speak proper english but all races and social groups have dere own ways a talkin'. You gots ghetto, redneck, cockney english, yankee (or Notherner), hillbilly, latino, Texican, Valley Speak, ect.

Yes it does give cause for suspicion when the person your speaking with for expert advice talks with a lazy tongue. You wouldn't necessarily want to take a doctor or lawyers opinion when they were speaking jive. You probably wouldn't respond with respect to a police officer that talked like he had had 3 drinks. It is highly unprofessional for someone who represents their companies intellectual assets to speak in that way.:headshake

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I wish people just did it to be cool.

Our schools suck, multiple guess questions while other countries actually have to answer a question in their own words in the form of a paragraph is a good , basic, example.

Other than the NY Times and Washington Post, most news papers are written at a 6th grade reading level so as not to tax the minds of the average reader.

And we are the most Ethnocentric "free" country that there is.
We are barely taught U.S. history and current events much less world history and events.

Then there are those who want to teach from the wrong books- well maybe the world isn't flat after all.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the ppl who have said that it is an accent, just stop. Its not an accent, it is a complete mispronunciation of the word. Or they choose to use the wrong word. I have lived all over the USA so I understand when ppl have accents, and that is acceptable. Lets stop accepting or excusing ignorant behavior. When unchecked it just snowballs out of control permeating generation after generation.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
OmegaX said:
For the ppl who have said that it is an accent, just stop. Its not an accent, it is a complete mispronunciation of the word. Or they choose to use the wrong word. I have lived all over the USA so I understand when ppl have accents, and that is acceptable. Lets stop accepting or excusing ignorant behavior. When unchecked it just snowballs out of control permeating generation after generation.
Exactly. Has nothing to do with accents. It's just people being too lazy and ignorant to pronounce even a tiny word like ASK correctly.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
phastone said:
Exactly. Has nothing to do with accents. It's just people being too lazy and ignorant to pronounce even a tiny word like ASK correctly.
:iamwithst :+1: it begins and ends with proper pronunciation.

BD

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
OmegaX said:

:+1: :iamwithst :+1: :iamwithst

Its one thing when I hear kids talk like that but when you come across a grow adult using words like that.....

It just flat out makes you look like a complete DUMASS, especialy at the work place.....

I like you lose all respect for a person who talks like this in a non joking manner....

·
Registered
943 Posts
This belongs in the the "Out House" Dumbest thread ever.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This belongs in the the "Out House" Dumbest thread ever.....
Are you serious?? Well, it might be. We are always going to need ppl that can say "do you want frys with that":lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts