Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got back home finally for some vacation. the last time i saw the 10 was exactly a month ago, ran beautifully, everything perfect (even the night I left). I threw her up on the stands, took off the seat and left the battery on the battery tender. made sure everything was off and there was a little bit of fuel in the tank, oil was just changed, threw the cover on it and not a single person has messed with it while i was gone.

I came back yesterday, and go to start her up today...and nada. Batt is fully charged,has 3/4 tank, i hear the fuel pump initiating, sparking just fine (attempting to crank), i checked all the possible connections including the fuel pump....but it just never fires up. any specific avenues i should go down ? specific areas to check that may have gone bad within a month of absolute no use and being stored ?

help!:sad:

tonight is bike night....but i guess no riding for me. damn

·
Registered
241 Posts
In that amount of time, nothing should really have 'gone bad' - so if you are sure that nobody messed with it, and you've checked the basics, I'd look for (get ready for it) varmint trouble:badteeth:

Sounds goofy, I know, but I know people who have stored bikes (snowmobiles and atvs too) and had mice store literally pounds of dog or cat food in the air filter housings. And I personally had squirrels chew up a bunch of wires under the hood of my truck. Ran fine one day, ran like crap the next...:lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
1) kickstand?

2) ground connection.... Pull your battery terminals loose from the battery and clean them really good with a wire brush and baking soda water. Sometimes leaving it on the charger can accelerate corrosion on your terminals.

By the way....... got the 16t on. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts