Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I recently picked up a crashed 2016 race bike. The subframe was snapped off, all the relays and tip sensor were gone but the kit ecu was there and the kit harness was intact. Got it running and had codes for both IAP sensors (weird), quick shifter and the gear indicator didn't work (along with all the fault lights flashing). Replaced the QS (which also cured the gear position problem) and the IAP sensors and all the fault codes were satisfied. Bike starts and runs fine, but on a stand with traction control off will only rev to 8500 in neutral and 1st gear, 4500 in 2nd and 3000 in all other gears. It sounds like a pit lane speed limiter or something, not fuel delivery (does it with the tank popped up and the fuel line for sure not kinked). It's winter here so I can't run it up and down the road, heading down to AZ next month but hoping to get it sorted before then. Anyone had any similar issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Scratch that... figured out after reading a product review for the aftermarket button pod kit (like the fancy WSBK ones) that the turn signal switch activates pit road speed limiter with kit ecu. The left side clip on and the switch were pretty mangled in the crash and full of dirt. I went out and fooled with it for 30 seconds and it cancelled. False alarm...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts