Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to the strip this weekend in plans to hopefully win some cash. last time i went, i ran some 112 in my bike and ran a best ever of [email protected] 145. i have the chance to get some of the u4. the difference is,, i can buy the 112 by the gallon at 6.75 a gallon compared to the 5 gal minimum u4 at 80 bucks. i know every tenth counts and from what i hear the u4 is the shiznit. IS IT????? how much should it pick me up and do i need to drain my tank if i have some left over???i usually drain my tank and add around half a gallon evry so often. i heard that if i leave the u4 in my tank that it will gum up.....true or not???

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
U4 IS all that, and then some! Guys were running it at the track last year. Yes you should drain the U4 out of your tank at the end of the day.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
mach_man_187 said:
U4 IS all that, and then some! Guys were running it at the track last year. Yes you should drain the U4 out of your tank at the end of the day.
I heard U4 was ok to leave in but MR9 you need to take out.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
blue...It could be.....But I would personally drain either on after I was done for the day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It's not recommended that you keep it in the bike. Besides possibly gumming up the fuel system, the fuel itself starts to lose it's potency when it's introduced to the air. Pump it back out of the bike and keep it sealed in the 5-gallon pail it comes it, and try to keep that in as cool/shaded area as possible for the best longevity of the fuel.

If you map for the U4, you could see as much as .1-.2 seconds in ET reduction, and ~2mph gain in trap speeds.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
U4
Used in stock and modified 4-stroke applications, as well as stock 2-strokes. Makes up to 6% more power than pump gas and any basic nonoxygenated racing fuel. Passes fuel rules for AMA amateur racing and is also perfect for club level racing, CCS, WERA and AFM. For optimum horsepower and performance, do not store this fuel in vehicle — drain fuel system.

• Color: Clear
• Motor Octane: 92
• Specific Gravity: .718 at 60° F

---------------------------------------------------
MR9
VP's newest fuel for 4-stroke applications that can tolerate lower octane values. Makes up to 2-3% more power than VP's MR1, meaning nothing on the market makes more power than MR9! AMA legal except Supercross and Outdoor Nationals. For optimum horsepower and performance, do not store this fuel in vehicle — drain fuel system.

• Color: Clear
• Oxygenated: Yes
• Motor Octane: 87
• Specific Gravity: .718 at 60° F

I've used U4 and like it. Makes the bike run a little different, even without being mapped for it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I like the ol mr9 myself. 11hp kick! but yes you need to run it out witch is fun on sunday rides!

·
Banned
814 Posts
as stated, its worth about 6%-9% on the dyno. so yes.. there is most definately a reason people run it. its also been known to eat up fuel pump seals.. run it dry its only a few more miles anyhow.

anyone care to speculate on how bad its going to be when ran through the '06 10R's. how long until it starts putting out o2 sensors?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Do '06 ZX10's have o2 sensors???? I don't think '04 or '05's have o2 sensors.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We run leaded fuel through our o2 sensors at work. The bosch sensor will burn out pretty fast, in the neighborhood of 2 months. The NTk sensor is a much better, is made better and lasts longer. We get about 4 months out of the NTk before they start going lean on ya.
I run the NTk on my bike, 05' but I do not know if the 06 come stock with one.

·
Banned
814 Posts
the '06 10R's do have o2 sensors, in the cat. now the large question is.. which of our vendors want to step up and make o2 sim's? its just a resister that plugs into the o2 connector, telling the ECU that the o2 is there and working properly allowing you to remove the sensor all together.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Where you guys getting your fuel from? I can't find it anywhere around here.

Charlotte NC

·
Banned
814 Posts
try turbo blue's website, or VP race fuels website.. look for dealers of race fuel in your area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mrx-o1

has any body ran that in there 10 I know a guy that run's that and only that but his bike ruu's balls to the walls bone stock :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
mikebar4 said:
Im going to the strip this weekend in plans to hopefully win some cash. last time i went, i ran some 112 in my bike and ran a best ever of [email protected] 145. i have the chance to get some of the u4. the difference is,, i can buy the 112 by the gallon at 6.75 a gallon compared to the 5 gal minimum u4 at 80 bucks. i know every tenth counts and from what i hear the u4 is the shiznit. IS IT????? how much should it pick me up and do i need to drain my tank if i have some left over???i usually drain my tank and add around half a gallon evry so often. i heard that if i leave the u4 in my tank that it will gum up.....true or not???
I pay $45.00 for 5 gall of U4. If your buying it at the track I can understand those prices but I woudl try and source it from somewhere else. As for bang for the buck I like the U4 and it does come highly reccomended from top racers and engine builders/ tuners but the 112 you are using is also very good. I use torco race fuels 112 sometimes " there's some in the tank right now" I think that with such a large difference in the price I would stick with the 112 until I got the bike on a dyno with the U4 to see if the difference would be worth the price.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
U4 here was $60 for 5 gallons. 112 is higher octane than needed. The bike runs slower and like crap with it, unless I'm using nitrous.

·
Registered
65 Posts
so you have not ran the mrx-01 maybe that is why my bike fell off 2 tenths with track fuel 112

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I haven't used the mrx-01. Yes. That is why your bike fell off 2 tenths with 112.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts