Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

is this thing loose?-rear seat cowl

7K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  deputydog95 
#1 ·
The cover that takes place of the rear seat that u get when u buy the bike, when that thing is on is it all loose and shaky feeling?

#5 ·
I want a ZX10R said:
The cover that takes place of the rear seat that u get when u buy the bike, when that thing is on is it all loose and shaky feeling?
Nothing that duct-tape can't fix! :cool:

Increase the radius of the rear rod the hooks of the seat cover latch on using tape and that thing will be rock solid - no more shaky feeling.

#6 ·
I fixed mine by applying foam tape weatherstripping around the inside edge all the way around the bottom. It takes up the gap and pushes up a wee bit, just enough so it doesn't move around.

I've had no other loose parts. I think the rear seat cowl has a Suzuki part number ...

#12 ·
Big Daddy said:
We just pretend their Zuzy Q riders and all the luv comes pouring out. :crackup:

BD
Ahh, that may make sense now that Suzi and Kawi have some weird backdoor relationship. You got them confusing you bloodlines and all. Does that mean you wake up some mornings hating yourself :mrgreen: :wink:

I guess it also helps ya'll to also start practicing for next year when the Suz will the one to hate. I bet the Yamaha guys will appreciate the year off :lol:

#13 ·
Well since their respective sportbike efforts aren't related me thinks not. :lol: and IF the 05 G1k happens to replace the 10r as liter class champ then so be it.....the R1 can't get in the picture yet. :spit:

BD

#14 ·
Ah BD, you can't leave yourself open like this...

I know what you mean, it doesn't want to stand close to be in the pic because it doesn't want any of that ugly to accidentily rub off on to it.:badteeth:

The other reason is when they take the championship pics, they only have the number plate bike in the pic, which is the only place you found it. The first and second losers along with the also rans do take their pics together, and I know I saw alot of green in those. :mrgreen:

You know I couldn't resist that last one:thumbsup:

#15 ·
Thats OK....we in the know realize what and who were dominant in Superstock last year against a highly refined R1 6yrs in the makin where as the ALL new zx10 played catch up and catch up they did.

BD

#18 ·
They made it loose on purpose. The thing is so butt fugly they figured you'd be better served if it flew off and was run over by a septic tank pumping truck. What the fuck would motivate someone to hang that nasty piece of shit on an otherwise fine looking ride is beyond me. Every time I see one I want to puke on it. The angles are all wrong and don't flow with the rest of the tail section, and it sticks out like a sore vagina. Anyone who serious believes it enhances the bike's appearance is likely delusional. The only reason it's on anything is the dirt cheap price and an inexplicable case of mass hysteria. Hell, even BD's bad early bordello garish orange seat cover is less of an eyesore than that cover. (How's THAT for a little hate?)

#20 ·
mad kaw said:
They made it loose on purpose. The thing is so butt fugly they figured you'd be better served if it flew off and was run over by a septic tank pumping truck. What the fuck would motivate someone to hang that nasty piece of shit on an otherwise fine looking ride is beyond me. Every time I see one I want to puke on it. The angles are all wrong and don't flow with the rest of the tail section, and it sticks out like a sore vagina. Anyone who serious believes it enhances the bike's appearance is likely delusional. The only reason it's on anything is the dirt cheap price and an inexplicable case of mass hysteria. Hell, even BD's bad early bordello garish orange seat cover is less of an eyesore than that cover. (How's THAT for a little hate?)
^I gather you don't like it. I actually think it looks ok. Should have came with the bike though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.