Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the proper spot to ask this.. but i got an issue with pine sap on different parts of my bike... anybody ever had to deal with this, and what is the best stuff to use to take it off??? :dontknow:

·
Registered
536 Posts
not sure if this is the proper spot to ask this.. but i got an issue with pine sap on different parts of my bike... anybody ever had to deal with this, and what is the best stuff to use to take it off??? :dontknow:
I used to use this stuff called plexis I think a blue can that is plastic cleaner. Usually worked pretty good.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
I use Turtlewax Bug and Tar remover. It's normally for my car but works great on bikes. It don't really matter as it does the job very well. I use it to removed bugs on my helmet, front cowling and grease from my chain lube on my rims. It will remove pine sap. Guaranteed. Try it.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I deal with that crap all the time at work,.....when refinishing!.......try rubbing alcohol or isoproypl alchohol..seems to work very well also!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I'd probably use 3M adhesive remover and I think that I have taken sap off with it.

But everything listed so far will probably work too.

Just be patient, let the product get in and loosen it and don't force it.

Now that I think of it, WD40 may work too.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
hot water on a rag. let the rag sit on it for a few seconds and rub it away
Sounds like a great idea, I'll have to try that when the time comes.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill give all the above a try this week.. i know that the GUNK bug and tar remover did not work... however, good old 93 octain did... but i couldnt see pouring that gold on my bike to remove sap and then having to deal with the smell.. lol.. ill keep you guys posted on the outcome..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts