Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 ZX10 and my winter project includes the installation of a TRE it doesnt have the gear indicator with it. I went to install it and honestly it looks like it is going to be a pain in the a$$. I was wondering if doing this mod is worth all of the trouble of getting to it. I have already installed a PC3 that i would be using in conjunction with the TRE. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yes, installation is not that hard just have to remove a couple wires and plug them into the supplied harness. I love the gear indicator personally and for the $$$ I think its a worth while mod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for the advice because if the mod wasnt really going to be worth the trouble then i was going to drop it from the list of things to do and sell it.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
install isnt that bad dude!..it is worth it due to the fact that it will smooth out the choppy throttle on the gen1 10R........makes corner entry/exit a lil less abrupt!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuel cutoff isnt all that important to me except for when I go on trips. I go to Deals Gap a couple of times a year and that probably make that road a little less scary with it being a little more predictable. I might add it for the plain and simple fact that I already have it. Not to jump around but should I look into the Riflemans 1/5 mod for the throttle?

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
The fuel cutoff isnt all that important to me except for when I go on trips. I go to Deals Gap a couple of times a year and that probably make that road a little less scary with it being a little more predictable. I might add it for the plain and simple fact that I already have it. Not to jump around but should I look into the Riflemans 1/5 mod for the throttle?
the 1/5th is a great mod!!....but it will take some getting used to if ya are gonna be riding roads like the Dragon!.haha..but i love mine!......sure makes wheelies effortless.and sometimes unpredictable!.but thats a good thing!!:thumbsup:.Id say go for it.you can always take it off if ya dont like it!

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I have an 05 ZX10 and my winter project includes the installation of a TRE it doesnt have the gear indicator with it. I went to install it and honestly it looks like it is going to be a pain in the a$$. I was wondering if doing this mod is worth all of the trouble of getting to it. I have already installed a PC3 that i would be using in conjunction with the TRE. Thanks in advance...
i would say yes love it on my 08zx10r stock missed it on my 04

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a great deal you all. I'll have to look into what all is involved in the 1/5 mod. No idea what it is or really what it does but I have heard of it.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
install is not bad on the 1/5th either!........and all it does is open throttle on a quicker roll,.......but it does feel like you added about 15 hp!.haha....I love mine!..and people cant believe it when I tell em to go over and throw my throttle wide open(bike not running)...haha....they think it is insane!!!....no more chopping the throttle to get her up in the air!!.haha..just a flick of the wrist,......and up she comes!..cover that rear brake!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just searched the 1/5th mod and the only question I have now is where to get it at?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
I bought a TRE from a member here but only because it had a GI built in.
I haven't even tested the TRE settings yet, I run it on neutral setting.
I love the 1/5th throttle mod though. All you need to do is drill out the pieces protruding from the inside of the throttle housing and then cut the lock nut on the throttle cable under the airbox so you can get max adjustment cause if not you wont have any free play in the throttle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good deal. Thanks to all that responded...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts