Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Sadly i cant see a way of repairing that, if the internals are ok see if you can get a set of used cases, if there is money to be spent on internals i would get used complete motor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly i cant see a way of repairing that, if the internals are ok see if you can get a set of used cases, if there is money to be spent on internals i would get used complete motor.
I will just part it out….I bought it with a broken 4th gear.I tore it apart to see if the bearings are good, and everything looks good even the crank.Just the casing has weird ass damage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
That looks like a very fucked spun bearing that has eaten the casing, I would guess that engine has seen high loads, not only because of that but because of the broken 4th gear. If USA makes sense for a street bike also as I've heard you guys love thrashing the crap out of bikes on the ultra straight hwys. What does the crank look like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks like a very fucked spun bearing that has eaten the casing, I would guess that engine has seen high loads, not only because of that but because of the broken 4th gear. If USA makes sense for a street bike also as I've heard you guys love thrashing the crap out of bikes on the ultra straight hwys. What does the crank look like?
I might just part it out.I only bought it for $1500 and it has all the goodies that I could sell.If I sell the ohlins rear shock and the frame I’m in profit already so I’m not even mad.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'd just flog it, not worth the effort, getting the cases and crank alone would be $1500. That bearing really shat the bed, marring both the casing and crank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts